Time to retire faithful HDD

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by jPaulB, Sep 27, 2014.

1. jPaulB

jPaulB Registered Member

Hi Everybody,

Well, the inevitable seems to be days away.

I have faithfully being using "Paragon Backup and Recovery™ 12" on a Western Digital HDD that is failing. That drive is a
    WDC-WD10EADS-22M2B0 SCSI a whole terrabyte
    So I need to replace the dying drive with an entirely new HDD and have several thoughts about that. I hope someone will give me their time and show me the right direction to go.
    my questions deal with the restore process:

• Does the new drive need to be the exactly the same as the defective HDD? (Imean model-number for model-number)
    • Can I replace with a different HDD? ( say an even larger one)
    • If this isn't going to be a "Plug & Play" replacement, where can I find step-by-step instructions?
    Many Many thanks,

Paul

btw: I do have a boot-able Paragone disk for the restore and have used it on the same HDD several times.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
  2. fireworker

fireworker Registered Member

If you have a backup of a dying disk, you can replace the old to the new any model, the capacity of which is not less than the space occupied by files.

3. jPaulB

jPaulB Registered Member

Thank you, fireworker.

While I think of it, will there be anything I need I will need to so with the new drive, or will the Paragon restore disk kinda guide me through any necessary partitioning or formatting?

Thanks again for your help. My confidence is much higher now

Thanks,
    Paul

Your English construction... Excellent actually. I actually thought you were probably also a Canadian.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.