Time for a change!

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by jdjudy, Apr 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdjudy

jdjudy Registered Member

Alright, I have been lurking in this forum for a awhile and have finally decided to post.

Activally I am running KIS 6.0, tweaked to my preferences (AV on Demand/No Anti-Spam), and FD-ISR. On demand I have PowerShadow and SAS Pro. I am thinking of going from a cleanup setup to a total prevention by swapping KIS and SAS for Anti-Execute and FD-ISR in a frozen state, plus the addition of an inbound only firewall (GhostWall/CHX-1). I would like to know some opinions on this.

I use KAV and SAS for scanning other computers through a hard drive enclosure so I'll keep them in a snapshot.

2. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

Very good setup :)

3. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: Whitelist protection coupled with virtualization app is the hot topic nowaday IT security experts are highly advocating. Simply put this way: less is more. You let whitelist such as anti-executable and virtualization app such as Fozen snapshot of FD-isr to perform active duties, and assign other on-demand scanners for reserves, call-ups. By doing this way, any stains will not stay. Your system will be almost perfectly clean and pure. IMO, it is RIGHT TIME for change.

4. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

If you don't change your system too often then thats an excellent setup. On my personal laptop i use Faronics AE, look'n'stop and paragon harddisk manager 8 to back things up. Simple yet effective.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.