Till Avira Freezes Over-Scan Buggy

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Securon, Jul 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Evening! I think there was a previous thread that voiced my present concern. I currently use Avira Security Suite 9 and during a complete system scan, at the 12.9% completed point the scan simply freezes to eventually return roughly ten minutes later . As a user who placed their faith in Avira in providing me with a bug free product, this has been disconcerting;to say the least. I've sent an e-mail to their support people,but their response time is sometimes on the slow side, that's why I've voiced my concerns with my fellow Wilderites. Would as always appreciate your feedback. Sincerely...Securon

2. Stefan Kurtzhals

Stefan Kurtzhals AV Expert

On which file does the scan freeze? If you scan the same file again (just that file), does the scanner freeze again?

3. cqpreson

cqpreson Registered Member

I heard others said the same situation as yours.Some of them reinstalled Avira,and success.But some failed.Maybe this situation related to your system.

4. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

I had this problem, which would disappear if I set the scanner configuration to default. Some other poster suggested that it is caused by the rootkit scan, and by disabling it the full scan would go ahead. I think you should play around with the configuration parameters (this happened with Avira Premium 9, not the suite).

5. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Morning! Many thanks too everyone for your timely feedback. I have as mentioned submitted an e-mail to Avira's support group,and will update the forum as to the solution they've recommended. But something is bothering me as to the build of the product. Both the suite and premium are just a few months old,it seems to me that the customer shouldn't have to disable rootkit protection or reconfigure parameters to have the product operational, these should have been taken care of during the beta stages or initial development of the product. And just an observation,when are the A/V companies specifically from Germany going too open a North American branch office to look after their customer base? If you aren't providing your customer with clear concise lines of communication you will surely lose their business and loyalty. Point being the onus shouldn't be on the customer,in wasting their time. A 1-800 # With knowledgeable and customer focused sales and service reps is the solution! Sincerely...Securon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.