TIH don´t start

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Pit, May 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pit

Pit Registered Member

Hello,
    after i updated True Image Home 2009 to Build 9769 i get a Bluescreen at System Startup. After complete Deinstallation i install the last TIH2009 Version Build 9646 again. Windows Start is OK. But if i start TIH i get the Message "Kann Computer nicht initialisieren! Kann Bibliothek für den Snapshot Manager nicht initialisieren (0x100005). Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden (0xFFF0)".

Please help me, thanks

Last edited: May 26, 2009
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Pit,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

To resolve the issue please do the following (please don't change the order of the actions, perform the steps as it is described):

1) Run regedit (Start -> Run -> regedit);

- Delete snapman380 string (only snapman380 string, do not touch other items) from:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} -> UpperFilters (the values are VolSnap tdrpman174 snapman380)

and

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{71A27CDD-812A-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F} -> UpperFilters (the values are VolSnap tdrpman174 snapman380 timounter)

In both cases you should make right-click on UpperFilters string (at the right side of the window and select modify option, delete snapman380 -> OK.

2) Reboot the computer.

3) Go to C:\WINDOWS\system32 and find snapapi.dll file and rename it to, for example, snapapi1.dll

4) Run regedit (Start -> Run -> regedit)

Find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services

Delete the entire snapman and snapman380 keys (make right-click on them and select Delete).

5) Download the Windows CleanUp utility, install and run it, select the Acronis True Image and hit Remove;

6) Reboot the computer.

7) Install the program again.

The issue should be solved.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

3. Pit

Pit Registered Member

Thanks for the answer. I will try it und tell you more.

4. Pit

Pit Registered Member

So, after i have done what you wrote. i can install True Image Home 2009 Build 9551 from CD. But when i want to update the installation starts but won´t restart the windows operatindsystem and the version is the same Build 9551. Sorry for my bad english.

5. wokoenig

wokoenig Registered Member

Hallo Support,
    I Have the same probem after installed h the newest german Update as Pit.
    XP Home ( SP2) does`nt start. Windows hangs in the "Ladebildschirm".
    And later if I choice "start with the last configuration" and I will start TI Home it apperas the same message like Pit.

I think that ACRONIS has fixed this great problem ( german Update) immediatly!!! with a new version.

Later:
    I have done your instruction "step by Step". Than I have installed TI again. The computer reboot than:
    BLUESCREEN and the system stopped.
    " PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGE_AREA

I use TI since severals yeras without greta problems. But now..it seems to be a very great problme withn this german new version.
    FIX IT!!

Last edited: May 28, 2009
  6. Pit

Pit Registered Member

Same here. Fine, that i`am not alone with this problem - but it´s very angry.

7. BSOTW

BSOTW Registered Member

I experience exactly the same problem. The upper instruction doen't work. The result is computer malfunction at startup.
    Diskdirector Suite and TI2009 9646 installed on my PC. The update to 9769 failed.

8. DoobieB

DoobieB Registered Member

Acronis Support,
    pls. tell me/us what is the root cause of the problem with the most recent German build 6769!!!
    Before I've found this thread I've installed it on a WIN XP Home Edition (SP3+) and it's working without any problems :) . My intention was to install this build on a second machine with WIN XP PRO (SP3+) but after reading this ... NO I DON'T :mad: . I've found all 'snapmanxxx' strings in my registry. Pls. give me/us clear advises ... are you able to solve this problem in a new GERMAN build very soon, and what is the root cause of this problem e.g which environments are affected?

Best Regards
    Doobieb

Last edited: May 29, 2009
  9. hajohobbes

hajohobbes Registered Member

Hi,

did somebody try to install this new build on windows vista - are there the same problems to fear?

Greetings

10. DoobieB

Acronis Support,
    pls. respond to our questions! Your resonse time is totally unacceptable regarding the serious problems we have with the German TI 2009 build 6769. Are you working on a solution ... is it only related to the German build 6769 ... only to WinXP or also to Vista ... a bad answer is better than no answer!!! I'm working for a large software company and we deliver world class support but what you do is ignorance and has nothing to do with support. I'm your customer for many years but I think about to get rid of your product.

Best Regards,
    Doobie
    :thumbd:

11. wokoenig

Hello together and DoobieB,
    I agree your opinion.
    The BUG in german Update is great and no answer here from acronis support ( I dont mean the step by step guid some days ago).
    If there exist a new build in english version I wait of the german as asoon as possible!!

12. DoobieB

Hi,
    the previous response from Acronis Support (step by step from 1. - 7.) isn't a 'final' solution for me. For me it's only an advise how to get rid of the problem ... I'm expecting an official solution may be within a new GERMAN build xxxx.

Acronis Support ... get up!!!

Regards,
    Doobieb

13. Pit

Pit Registered Member

No responce from the acronis support for a long time. So i think it´s time for me to say goodbye to acronis software. There are many other good products with good support to try and/or buy.

14. BSOTW

BSOTW Registered Member

TI 2009 9769 workes on my PC now - really!
    It is too difficult to post it here at this time. If you are interested, send me a PM. I will send you an german instruction what is "to do". This may take some days.

15. hajohobbes

Hi BSOTW,

are you running TIH on windows xp or windows vista?

Can you tell us how you managed the update to work?

Da es kein eigenes deutsches Acronis Forum gibt und es sich um Probleme mit dem deutschen Update handelt, gerne auch in deutscher Sprache;)

Thanks

16. BSOTW

BSOTW Registered Member

Acronis TI 2009 Build 9769
    Acronis Diskdirector Suite 10.0 Build 2161
    Windows XP SP3
    Aus FAT32 konvertiertes NTFS

Ausgangssituation:
    True Image 9646 deinstalliert, Update 9769 installiert. Nach Neustart Bluescreen bzw.
    direkter Neustart des Systems durch Treiberfehler.

Hinweis: Möglicherweise sind nicht alle diese Schritte notwendig. Ich wollte es möglichst
    gründlich machen.

Abhilfe:

1.) Umgebungsvariablen unter BENUTZERVARIABLEN setzen

devmgr_show_details=1
    devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1

2.) TI 9646 deinstallieren, Neustart (falls das nicht funktioniert: CleanUp Utility)
    3.) Diskdirector 10.0 deinstallieren, Neustart
    4.) Mit dem Rescource Kit delsrv den Dienst AcrSch2Svc entfernen
    5.) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\
    {4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} -> UpperFilters (the values are VolSnap tdrpman174 snapman380)
    SNAPMAN380 und tdrpman174 entfernen
    5.) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\
    {71A27CDD-812A-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F} ->
    UpperFilters (the values are VolSnap tdrpman174 snapman380 timounter)

tdrman174, snapman380 und timounter entfernen

6.) Neustart
    7.) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services

snapman, snapman380 entfernen - falls vorhanden

8.) SYSTEM32 und Unterverzeichnis DRIVER: Snapman.sys, Snapman380.sys löschen. Die
    beiden Treiber für tdrpman174 und timounter ebenfalls löschen. Sie haben andere Dateinamen.
    Leider habe ich diese nicht notiert. Gefunden hatte ich sie über das Dateidatum und dann
    "Eigenschaften" checken.

9.) Acronis-Verzeichnisse löschen.
    \Programme\Acronis
    \Programme\Gemeinsame Dateien\Acronis
    \Dokumente und Einstellungen\All Users\Anwendungsdateien
    \Dokumente und Einstellungen\Benutzer\Anwendungsdateien

usw...

Sollten sich Dateien nicht löschen lassen, werde diese noch verwendet. GGfs. neu starten.

10.) Neustart
    11.) Ereignisanzeige ansehen. Fehlermeldung Acronis Dienst FS Filter konnte nicht
    gestartet werden. Datei fehlt.
    12.) Gerätemanager, ausgeblendete Geräte anzeigen
    13.)Acronis Device löschen
    14.)Nicht PNP Geräte: Acronis Geräte (hellgrau!) löschen
    15.) Registierung nach "Acronis FS Filter" durchsuchen und Verweise unter Services löschen.
    16.) Unter Local_Machine und Current_User Software jeweils Acronis löschen.
    17.) Neustart
    18.) Ein Tool wie z.B. TuneUpUtil die Registierung durchsuchen lassen und Acronis
    Verweise löschen lassen.
    19.) Gerätemanager erneut. Nicht PNP-Treiber: Neu aufgetauchte Acronis Treiber (hellgrau)
    löschen.

20.) neustart und temporäre Dateien löschen
    21.) Wieder Gerätemanager. Nicht PNP-Geräte (w.o.)

22.) Acronis Diskdirector installiert (Neustart wird verlangt!)
    23.) Acronis TI 9769 installiert (Neustart wird verlangt).

Neustart funktioniert.

Bemerkung:
    Ich werde den Verdacht nicht los, daß es sich (zumindest bei mir) um ein Problem mit der
    Rechteverwaltung des NTFS-Systems handelt. Ich hatte damit schon mehrfach Probleme.
    Z.B. funktionierte Cardspace nicht (Einfrieren des Systems). Dies lag an der Rechte-
    verwaltung. Der Dienst MSDTC funktionierte bei mir aufgrund eines Fehlers
    in der Rechteverwaltung ebenfalls nicht (Verwaltung/Komponentendienste).
    Nach der Konvertierung von FAT32 (XP Update von Windows Me) waren die Rechte wie folgt:
    "Jeder". Dies hatte ich geändert und danach funktionierte z.B. Cardspace.
    Aber andere Programme ließen sich nicht mehr deinstallieren.

Es ist eventuell sinnvoll diese beiden Funktionen auf Rechnern mit dem Acronis Problem
    einmal zu testen.

Haltet Euch ein Backup bereit (9646 CD) falls etwas schiefgeht! Bei mir hat das
    funktioniert. Keine Garantie oder Verantwortung meinerseits!

Last edited: Jun 7, 2009
  17. hajohobbes

Hi,

vielen Dank - das ist ja ein abendfüllendes Programm:'(

Noch habe ich Hoffnung, dass diese Tüftelei bei mir nicht notwendig ist - habe nämlich Windows Vista! Daher wäre ich sehr dankbar, wenn jemand seine Erfahrungen mit dem Update auf einem Vista-System posten könnte.

Thanks

18. Pit

Pit Registered Member

Thanks for it, but here it didnt work for me.

Peter

19. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

There is no an universal solution at this moment, every case needs a separate attention.

The only thing I can add to the post #2 is the following: It is preferable to install the latest build from the scratch (I mean you don't need to install the previous build first and then update it to the latest one).

Also, from the very beginning, if you wish to update the program to the latest build, please uninstall the previous build by means of Add or Remove programs utility (or use Acronis Clean Up Utility), reboot the computer and install the newest build from the scratch. Reboot the computer again.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

20. wokoenig

Dear Acronis support,
    forget please this update version german for ever and make a new update.
    I have tried all your solutions and always my system was crashed ( XP dont start or Bluescreen).

I hope of a new version soon

very angry

W. Koenig

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.