.Tib Files Not Found

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Nadia, Jun 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nadia

Nadia Registered Member

Hi

I am using Acronis True Image 9.0 Build (3,633)

Today I have backed up my harddrive into 10 DVDs.

The problem is when I see the DVD there is nothing on it.

Any suggestions.

Take care

2. mark3

mark3 Registered Member

Are you looking while you are in Windows, Windows TI or Rescue CD?

3. Nadia

Nadia Registered Member

I want to check the data integrity.

I inserted the last DVD and than started to check the data integrity.

Only last DVD has the .TIB file. Other DVDs have no contents, if I see their property it says that it has 0 space remaining.

I am wondering what happened to the files. Also after I stared validating the data it asked me to insert DVD # 9 and it didn’t find *.TIB file. I clicked several times on the "Retry" button.

I am using windows xp.

I checked the DVDs both in Windows and the boot up disk that I created using the true image.

4. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Problems with DVDs in 3633, download latest build 3666 and try it. Supposedly, the backup you created with 3633 is OK, problem was with reading the created DVDs.

5. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi seekforever,

I agree that's what Acronis Support said but it's not what I found whilst validating the latest build. TI 9.0 Home Build 3666 still has a problem reading spanned DVD-R disks created with Build 3633.

Regards

Last edited: Jun 25, 2006
  6. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Thanks for the info. Is it fair to say that if 3666 can read spanned DVD-R created by 3666 then the 3633 DVD-R archives will likely never be readable? Probably a moot point since it would make more sense to throw them out just to be safe.

7. Azdon

Azdon Registered Member

I did a two step set with 3633 on DVD+Rs and 3633 couldn't read the DVDs, but 3666 could.

8. PaulS

PaulS Registered Member

I had the same problem with 3,633 on a single DVD-R image made on a Philips ED16DVDSK external USB burner from a Matrox 4Sight M industrial PC with a 40GB Fujitsu 2.5" HD (not beeing able to find the ghost files on an USB burner made me try, and switch to ATI in the first place).
    I found that the image file on the DVD in a internal SONY DVD burner, was readable with ATI 3,633 installed in Windows.
    I then solved the restore problem with removing the 2.5" HD and attached it to the PC with a USB-IDE adapter. I have not tested 3,666 with DVD on an external USB burner yet, and can't confirm if it can find the image file.

9. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

As far as my own testing is concerned, Build 3633 multi-disk images created to DVD-R media still can't be validated or restored via Build 3666 (DVD+R seems o.k.) and I've therefore ditched them.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.