.TIB Files causing Windows Explorer Crashes when Searching for other files

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ajergo, Feb 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ajergo

ajergo Registered Member

I am having a problem with .tib files (created by Acronis True Image Home) being on my C drive and then doing searches for other files via Windows Explorer. First it will come back with a window that asks me for the password (assume its the password for the .tib file); same window has a cancel button. Whether I cancel or enter in the password for the .tib file, it then crashes Windows Explorer. If I delete the .tib file or put it into a .zip file, then I do not have this problem. Using Win XP with SP2. Has anybody else had this kind of problem? :mad:

2. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

If I search for files by name or partial name, Windows will search through any .TIB files and list them. No problem crashing, however I do not password protect the .TIB files. It sounds as if you do.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ajergo,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure you use the latest build of the respective version of Acronis True Image. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Windows system information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also create Dr.Watson log the following way:
    - Press the Start button, choose Run, type drwtsn32 and hit Enter
    - In the dialog that appears check the Log File Path and Crash Dump file name, then click the OK button
    - Reproduce the problem
    - drwtsn32.log and user.dmp files will be created in the directories specified in Log File Path and Crash Dump

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

4. Proactive Services

Proactive Services Registered Member

This is a known bug in TI 11 I believe. Last I heard from support was "This is a known issue and it will be fixed in near future."

5. WoollyBear

WoollyBear Registered Member

Since I restored my image file and installed Windows XP SP3, the .TIB file now crashes Windows Explorer whenever I use Search. Has this problem been addressed/fixed yet?

6. Puppy36

Puppy36 Registered Member

I can confirm this problem as well, the behaviour is exactly the same. Search crashes in a while regardless of a TIB file is present or not. After uninstalling Acronis TrueImage 11 the problem disappears.

Don't get me wrong but considering this bug and also extermly serious bug https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=211356 causing registry hive file corruption on restore using bootable CD indicates that recent version 11 is very buggy :-/

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello WoollyBear and Puppy36,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Backup software.

Could you please submit a request for technical support with the detailed issue description to let us forward the case to our Quality Assurance Team? If they reproduce the issue it'll be escalated to our Development Team and they will fix it as soon as possible.

Thank you
    --
    Nikita Sakharov

8. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.