TIB file to DVD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Tom103, May 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom103

Tom103 Registered Member

Hello folks, I just purchased True Image Home and tried writing to CDs. One was bad so I'm now trying another solution. I imaged my Laptop over my network to my Desktop. My laptop has a DVD reader, the desktop has a writer. So, I want to put the TIB image on a DVD using the desktop but be able to restore it on the laptop. Can you provide the steps I need to do to make this happen? Thanks for your help!

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Just burn the resulting tib file(s) with your burning software. You want to burn them as data. However, if the file is too big to fit on a DVD you best redo the backup but with the Split size set in TI to a size that will fit on a DVD. Split size can be set within the Backup Wizard in the Options screen or from the Tools Menu on the main screen.

You should always use your burning program's Verify after burning command to ensure the burn was good. Many users recommend you burn at half speed for extra security.

To restore, you will boot with your TI rescue CD and then when TI is loaded insert the DVD at the appropriate time. If your backup spans more than a couple of DVDs be prepared for a lot of swapping.

The only way to know if a restore will work on a machine is to do a test restore and typically laptop people are less likely to have spare drives laying around to use for a test.

You should as a very minimum boot with the TI CD and validate the archive contained on the DVD. You can also run through the restore wizard up to where you tell it to Proceed. But as I said, the only sure way to know it will work is to actually do a restore!

3. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

The key word above is "spare drive" .... it is worth investing in a second laptop drive.

4. Tom103

Tom103 Registered Member

Thanks for your help folks, my image is 3.1 gigs so it worked great on one DVD.

Already tried it out and it worked perfectly! Regards, Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.