TI9 won't install

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by hjjager, Sep 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hjjager

hjjager Registered Member

Just downloaded TI 9. When trying to install it always says: Acronis installation program encountered the error #1601:"The Windows Installer service could not be accessed". I do have administrator rights (Windows 2000). After login as admin and trying to install the package the same happens again. I can't install TI 9. I never have encountered problems with msi-packages. What can I do?

2. hjjager

Problem solved:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q319624#XSLTH3122121124120121120120
    Method 3 worked for me:
    Method 3: Give Full Control permission to the SYSTEM account
    1. Start Windows Explorer, right-click the computer's root hard drive, and then click Properties.
    2. Click the Security tab, and then click Add.
    3. In the Select Users, Computers, or Groups dialog box, click the SYSTEM account, click Add, and then click OK.
    4. Under Allow, click to select the Full Control check box, and then click OK.
    5. Click the TEMP folder and then verify that the SYSTEM account has full control.

Next problem: I downloaded the upgrade. Trying to install the program asks for a serialnumber. I used the serialnumber of my previous installation. Didn't receive a new one when downloading the upgrade. It doesn't work. Any suggestions?

3. Like

Like Registered Member

hjjager, I received an email notice from Acronis advising I was entitled to a free upgrade due to buying in the last week and the email came with new upgrade serial #.

Do you know or anyone, Do I have to remove TI8 before installing TI9?
    Thanks

4. hjjager

I would say just try to install the new version. If you encounter any problems deinstall the previous version and try again.

5. RainyDaze

RainyDaze Registered Member

You do not need to uninstall TI8 before installing the upgrade.

And, the serial # was cleverly hidden on the Invoice page rather than the download page.

6. hjjager

That's awfully clever. Just printed the invoice page: no serialnumber to be seen. Is it printed in white?

7. RainyDaze

RainyDaze Registered Member

On my invoice the Serial Number is located under the Stock Number, Quantity, Product Na, Platform stuff. It does not appear to be white text, but since I saved it to a pdf, I can't really tell.

8. hjjager

If you can decipher a serialnumber from this, please let me know.

Attached Files:

9. crash79`

crash79` Registered Member

My serial number wasn't in the downloaded invoice but was in the email I received from Element.
    John

10. hjjager

I have received a serialnumber from Acronis. I didn't know that was the procedure. Everything works fine now.

11. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello hjjager,

Could you please send the letter to support@acronis.com along with the link to your post (#2) and with the other confirmation that you own the upgrade? We will find your serial number and send it to you.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Last edited: Sep 21, 2005
  12. billmail1

billmail1 Guest

Acronis, you have a great product and your pricing is reasonable but I just read the information posted by LIKE that he received a free upgrade to ver 9.0 since he had just purchased TI within the last week. What about the rest of us who recently purchased your product? How did you determine that the one week purchase qualifies for a free upgrade? What about a purchase made two weeks ago or three weeks ago or 1 month ago? I'm not trying to start anything here (you are great company) but if you are arbitrarily deciding who is and is not entitled to a free upgrade based on purchase date, this is very unfair to many of your previous customers. Most software products purchased within a year are usually entitled to free upgrades (not all - but some do). Please do not take this as criticism but I just purchased your product a few months ago and now I have to pay again if I want 9.0. Can any consideration be given to expanding the free upgrade decisions made by Acronis?

Thanks!!

13. sagrob

sagrob Registered Member

How long did it take to receive your new serial #? I'm still waiting.

14. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Acronis's previously stated policy is that if a new version of True Image is released within 30 days of your previous purchase then you are entitled to a free upgrade.

Regards

15. Mplant

Mplant Guest

I purchased the upgrade about 8 hours ago and have yet to receive any sort of confirmation via e-mail. In addition, there was no serial number on the on-line invoice that was returned upon successful purchase. I did receive an order number and a download link so have version 9 "in my possession" but am unable to install it without said serial number.

Have other people had to wait this long for the invoice to be e-mailed to them? I've a support report submitted on this issue but have not heard anything back other than an acknowledgement of its receipt.

Thanks,

M

16. Mplant

Mplant Guest

Well, still no reply to my service request and no invoice via e-mail but I did get my serial number via entering my order number and password into the "Quick Order Lookup" boxes at the following link:

https://www.digitalriver.com/dr/v2/ec_MAIN.Entry11?sp=10107&pn=1

Hope this info is useful to others posting here.

M

17. chriscalvert

chriscalvert Registered Member

I also received the email with a new serial number for V9. After some time trying to find how to use the number to get a downloadable copy I eventually registered it and then downloaded a working copy as an update.
    However after 3 bluescreens (when backing up to a UNC that has worked with earlier versions) and a hung system (caused by a hard drive suddenly "disappearing" in the middle of a backup - never done this before !) I have decided to wait 3 months until the bugs are sorted. I would suggest that anybody who has serial numbers should register them but wait until the problems have been fixed before downloading.
    I resell TI (sold about 10-15 copies over the years) and this has resulted in about 40 downloads (upgrades within versions and to fix problems). ie it has taken 40 downloads to find 10-15 copies that work. Maybe I should volunteer to be a beta tester because I certainly find the problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.