TI9--the whole ugly story

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by NeverPanic, Sep 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NeverPanic

NeverPanic Registered Member

TI9 build 2247 is still not worthy of public distribution, and I've about given up until I return here and find a whole bunch of glowing reports that they've finally got a build that's stable.

Builds 2245 and 2247 have turned a well behaved machine into a near piece of junk, and, since I depend on it to run a business, I can't take any more chances.

Build 2245 threw a kernel32.dll error about 15 seconds after loading. Tech support has yet to give me the courtesy of a response (#361057). Even though it wouldn't run, the machine on which it was installed began to exhibit erratic boot problems (not all boot-time programs would launch, among other things), and my satellite interface would simply shut down and finally wouldn't start even on a successful boot.

I uninstalled TI9/2245. Machine one again was well behaved. Then, did a clean install of 2247--this is after running TI8 for months with no problem whatsoever. Now, 9 reports unreadable sectors--corrected by chkdsk, error in an .icc file of no import. Was able to create one image. Had to do a reboot for another reason, and the reboot encountered a SESSION5_INITIALIZATION_FAILURE and its soothing blue screen. Boot to safe mode produced the same error. Only by choosing revert to last good checkpoint would boot run to a good completion.

So, at this point, I have no idea the state of the TI environment; I know only that I have had one good boot.

I'll screw up the nerve to uninstall TI9 and try to find the TI8 installer.

As others have remarked: there's absolutely no excuse for springing software in this state on unsuspecting costomers. I once had the highest respect for Acronis and its technical support response. That has now all changed.

Gonna go unstress.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Curt,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept my apologies for the delay with the response. I'm also really sorry for your inconvenience caused by such a behaviour of Acronis software.

Please download and install the latest build (2273) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Let me know if any of the above mentioned problems still persists with the latest build (2273) of Acronis True Image 9.0. Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

As I can see, you have already received a reply from Acronis Support to your request #361057. Please provide Konstantin with the requested information and he will do his best in order to provide you with the solution as soon as possible.

As for downloading Acronis True Image 8.0 installation file. In case you have purchased the software and have a valid serial number, just register it in the Products Registration section of your account and then download and install the latest (937) build of the software which is always available in the Product Updates section.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.