TI9 Home - w98SE - Failed to write to sector 0 of Hard disk 1

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Dennis L, Oct 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennis L

Dennis L Registered Member

Problem computer Specs
    w98SE - 300Htz - 128MB memory - 6GB HDD not partitioned. Have Roxio GoBack installed (version 3.00)

Have had TI9 for about 18 months. This computer is on my LAN, used for light browsing and old / zip installed games. I image this computer about twice a year since I no longer install new programs (update security programs regularly). I have always stored image copy on network attached XP D-Partition with no problems (about 4 to 5 times). Today I was going to create/store another image and first decided to check program version. I noticed I did NOT have version 3854 installed on w98SE, so downloaded update from Acronis and ran install with no error messages / rebooted.
    Now when I start the Image process I receive the following error (see attached pic's) ....
    Acronis Disk Error-1.jpg - Initial error - This occurs when I SELECT target drive (C drive). Only way I can continue is "Cancel"
    Then Acronis starts Image process, but recieve this error ...
    ATI9-ErrorDescrioption.jpg
    The following is the script view when TI9 starts image process ....
    ATI9script-w98TOxp.jpg

Any suggestions ??

Attached Files:

2. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

3. Dennis L

Dennis L Registered Member

Thanks Mark

It is on my list of suspicions.
    I don't know if something changed when I installed 3854 version update (applied update on my other computers months ago). Previously I had created about 6 image files completing successful, after update, this error shows up (only running GoBack on w98 ). I'm using Roxio's last version prior to be sold to Symantec, which may or may not have any influence.

QUESTION ...
    Do I have to uninstall GoBack -or- disable to allow Acronis access this area of HD??

QUESTION ..
    Is anyone aware of a MS update or any utility which allows w98 to startup in Safe Mode WITH network active??

Thanks

4. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

I've never used GoBack but the Acronis article referenced in my previous post #2 says that you need to disable GoBack, and that you'll lose the backup history when you do so.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.