TI9 and Core 2 Duo

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by CompWorks1, Oct 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CompWorks1

CompWorks1 Registered Member

Does TI9 have a problem with Intel 965 chipset and Core 2 Duo?

I'm trying to backup a SATA2 drive to a file on a SATA1 drive. TI finds no drives. Then I try the same to an IDE drive. Still no good.

I tried backups & clones. Nothing works. If this is a problem with TI, Acronis needs to get on the ball, 'cause this processor & board is not going to go away!

Intel DG965SS board
    Core 2 Duo 2.0

2. jaycee

jaycee Registered Member

First email to support@acronis with this thread number, and add your version numbers of Acronis.
    Make sure you created your rescue boot media with the latest version of ATI.

Last thing to make is to build a BartPE CD with Acronis plugin, the one made by Mustang is GREAT.

Good work!

Jaycee

3. rbmorse

rbmorse Registered Member

If you're using the rescue CD the problem is the Linux kernel ATI uses doesn't support the Jmicron PATA controller used on the 965 motherboard. On top of that, SATA II support in Linux, until the last couple of weeks was still in the big majick stage...now you see it, now you don't!

Both of these issues have been resolved recently, and SATA II on my Linux box with the 2.6.18 kernel is very solid in both IDE and AHCI modes. Hopefully, Acronix is either incorporating the 2.6.18 kernel or backporting the Jmicron and SATA II updates into whatever kernel they use.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2006
  4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

One off topic post removed. Please see the Terms Of Service for using these forums.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.