TI9.1WS - some questions

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Forellenblau, Mar 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forellenblau

Forellenblau Registered Member

I just purchased TI9.1WS.

Some notices

1. Why can't TI 9.1 WS not be used on a single, non-networked computer? I want to use the WS-edition because of the commandline-features the home-ed does not have. And now the program does not work without this license-server-thing. On the only machine i have i installed then also the license-server. But what is, when i want to restore this machine from the rescue-fullversion(!)-WS-CD? The program does not find the license-server! Yes, that's because there is no more Windows on the drive! OK, then you can run the CD only in demo-mode!

2nd notice:
    I also wanted then to use the normal home-ed-version 9.0 to restore the image created with the WS-version. But this does not work also! The image formats seems to be different (i tried it just 15 minutes ago). Home ed says, the image format of WS-ed is corrupted. The same image, loaded with the WS-rescue-CD, is beeing accepted normally.

I am really angry about this!
    Forellenblau

Last edited: Mar 22, 2006
  2. jeremyotten

jeremyotten Registered Member

1. the license server is no more
    2. this is right because newer products can be downwards compatible. But ofcourse older products can't be upwards compatible.

p.s there will come on update on the home version which incorparates the new 9.1 engine. They you will be able to restore

3. Forellenblau

Thanks for the answer.
    What do you mean with "1. the license server is no more"?
    Does that mean, that it will possible to run the program in the future without the license-server?

Thanks
    Forellenblau

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Forellenblau and Jeremy,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Workstation Disk Backup Software.

1.) First of all, please be aware that Acronis License Server persists in all versions of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation and Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server for Windows except English ones. As no versions other than English and German were released yet, Forellenblau most likely uses a German one. However, presence of Acronis License Server in the German version of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation does not prevent one from using this product on a single machine as Acronis License Server can be easily installed on the same computer where the program itself is installed and then used to "assign" the corresponding serial number to this particular Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation installation.

2.) Jeremy's answer is quite correct.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

5. Forellenblau

Hi!

Quote:However, presence of Acronis License Server in the German version of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation does not prevent one from using this product on a single machine as Acronis License Server can be easily installed on the same computer where the program itself is installed and then used to "assign" the corresponding serial number to this particular Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation installation. End Quote.

Question: Why is the lisence server not implemented in the english version but it is in the german one?

Thanks
    Forellenblau

Last edited: Mar 23, 2006
  6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Forellenblau,

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

The point is that we have not implemented this feature on the US market yet. I'm afraid that I'm not eligible to provide you with the more detailed information on this matter as our marketing policy is unappropriated for publicity. However, we do have plans to implement Acronis License Server in the future builds\versions of Acronis True Image Workstation English, but exact time frame for this is not decided yet.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.