TI9.1 problems with Asrock mainboard

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tdklaus, Jan 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tdklaus

tdklaus Registered Member

Hello,

I use ACRONIS True Image Enterprise Server Universal Restore v9.1 Build 3718 from Boot-CD.

The trouble computer (non-networked) has a mainboard Asrock 775Dual-VSTA (Chipset Via PT880 Pro/Ultra + Via 8237A), BIOS 2.40.

I cannot boot the "full" version of ATI, computer locks up. I have tried several of the usual variations in the F11-boot commands (acpi=off etc. etc.), but no success. When I remove the "quiet" option, the last text message before the lockup is "unknown VIA southbridge". "safe" versions do boot, but I need access to external USB drives. What can I do ?

I have tested other "flavours" of ATI 9.1 (Workstation + Server) with and without UR -> same problem. This is extremely frustrating, as 8.x versions of TI do boot "full" without problems, but, again, I need the UR feature...

thanks for help
    tdklaus

2. mustang

mustang Developer

You should try making a BartPE disk with my TI9 plugin. The Acronis plugins for BartPE don't support UR.

3. tdklaus

tdklaus Registered Member

Thanks, Mustang, for the work-around!

I'll try it, but I still think Acronis should fix this. Earlier versions of TI work fully with this chipset, and it can hardly be called "exotic".

tdklaus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.