TI9.1 problems with Asrock mainboard

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tdklaus, Jan 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tdklaus

tdklaus Registered Member

Hello,

I use ACRONIS True Image Enterprise Server Universal Restore v9.1 Build 3718 from Boot-CD.

The trouble computer (non-networked) has a mainboard Asrock 775Dual-VSTA (Chipset Via PT880 Pro/Ultra + Via 8237A), BIOS 2.40.

I cannot boot the "full" version of ATI, computer locks up. I have tried several of the usual variations in the F11-boot commands (acpi=off etc. etc.), but no success. When I remove the "quiet" option, the last text message before the lockup is "unknown VIA southbridge". "safe" versions do boot, but I need access to external USB drives. What can I do ?

I have tested other "flavours" of ATI 9.1 (Workstation + Server) with and without UR -> same problem. This is extremely frustrating, as 8.x versions of TI do boot "full" without problems, but, again, I need the UR feature...

thanks for help
    tdklaus

2. mustang

mustang Developer

You should try making a BartPE disk with my TI9 plugin. The Acronis plugins for BartPE don't support UR.

3. tdklaus

tdklaus Registered Member

Thanks, Mustang, for the work-around!

I'll try it, but I still think Acronis should fix this. Earlier versions of TI work fully with this chipset, and it can hardly be called "exotic".

tdklaus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.