TI8 XP SP2 BootCD creation FIXED

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Jerry Smith, Sep 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerry Smith

Jerry Smith Registered Member

I have just purchased Acronis True Image 8 build 771 and have just found that when I try to create a Boot CD in WinXP SP2 I get an ERROR message and can not do it.

HOWEVER - If you use f8 safe mode then the Boot CD creation works OK!

FYI, Jerry *puppy*

2. wdormann

wdormann Registered Member

Interesting findings. Others have reported success when they put a blank CD in the drive, but do not close the tray. Pressing the "Next" button should trigger the drive to close the tray and begin the burn process.

3. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

Safe mode is another way of shutting down your UDF driver. (such as Drag and Drop)

4. jedunn

jedunn Registered Member

I downloaded TI8 build 771 and it finally solved my problem of not being able to create and restore from CD's. I was having the problem of trying to restore from CD's but when I booted from the rescue CD and selected the "NEXT" buttom my SONY Laptop would re-boot. I posted this problem with others that had the same symptoms with Toshiba laptops. Now everything appears to work fine. I created a backup of both of my partitions (40GB) on CD's. Re formatted my drive and restored from CD's (7 CDs) with success. However when verifying an image and when restoring you will receive an error message that is erroneous. After the program finishes reading the CD it will give the following error message:
    "Error opening the file. Please press Retry to continue with Volume X or press cancel". Volume X will be the next volume it wants to see. So by inserting the next volume then pressing Retry, the program continues. TI is trying to open the file that is on the next volume!!!. The message should read:
    "Please insert volume X to continue" :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.