TI8 will not complete image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bently, Mar 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bently

bently Registered Member

I am using TI 8 build 791. I am having problems with getting TI to complete the image process. I keep getting an error message that the disk I am imaging, which is the C drive at 12 GB, either has disk errors or is being used by another application. I checked the disk for errors, and it reported none. What could be running to prevent TI from imaging this drive? The C drive is my OS drive, with XP 1, and I am saving to another disk. I only see two programs running in task bar, but it must be some process or processes preventing this from imaging. Any ideas on how to correct this?

As an edit, I do not have Roxio CD creator on my system, nor was it ever installed. That is all I could find in regards to this situation. I am also starting the imaging process under Windows.

Thanks,
    bently

Last edited: Mar 27, 2005
  2. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

Bently - 3 pieces of advice:

1. Download the latest build (800) and try again. I don't really think it will make any difference but it will make the support people at Acronis happier.

2. If you have any anti-virus software running, shut it down.

3. Try imagining when you have rebooted Windows into Safe Mode. If that works it is a sure sign that some Windows process is indeed blocking the disk.

3. tachyon42

tachyon42 Registered Member

Try imaging with the bootable CD - if it works OK then it confirms it's Windows related and not some hardware issue.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bently,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

First of all, please download the latest (800) build, which is available on our web site at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/. To get access to updates you should register your software first at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/registration/. Please disable any download managers, internet download/connection boosters, etc. before the download.

If the problem remains, please do the following:

- Open Start\Programs\Accessories\System Tools\System Information;
    - Choose the 'Save' option in the 'File' menu (or 'Action' menu under Windows 2000), enter the 'File name' and set the field 'Save as type' to 'System Information File (*.NFO)';
    - Send the result file to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. We will certainly help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.