TI8 restore failed

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by triflex, Aug 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. triflex

triflex Guest

Dear Sir,

I used TI8 to backup my system disk incrementally and created a boot CD. I stored the image file in another Harddisk. One day I would like to restore it and try to load the image file from its backup and can see two imaging date. When I tried to verify the image archive and went to next dialog box select partion or a whole hard disk to restore. I checked the DISK box and partition box, and them it asked me to erase the destination partition. I thought it can not got to next if I choose not to erase. and trrible thing happened, I got the error message "Please insert the media marked Volume1...Actually, all the image I have is located in the selected harddisk and selected image archive, not more file related"...How can I do? Now all I got it's an "unallocated harddisk without any data"

It's very urgent, please give me advice.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Triflex --

Your description is rather vague... Please provide what you've done exactly and if the image verified ok.

Also try to do it this way :

Boot from the bootable CD. Choose "Restore" option, then select the image, where backup is located, then choose your destibation drive and proceed with the restore.

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.