TI8 Doesn't Reconize Drive With Backed-Up Image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by amarx, Aug 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amarx

amarx Registered Member

My computer has two hard drives: a C: drive and a D: drive. Using TI8, I backed up an image of the C: drive to the D: drive. When booting from the recovery disks everything works fine except that TrueImage doesn't see my D: drive, so there's no way to restore the image. TI only sees the C: drive, my Firewire drive and my CD drive.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. hazy626

hazy626 Guest

If I was having this problem, which I might soon. I would check my BIOS and the hard drive configuration to make sure one is Master and the other is Slave not Cable Select. If this is OK then I would try the TI boot disk see what it reports. Also there is a problem with NTFS as it is designed by Microsoft to NOT be recognized in various circumstances. If you have an NTFS file system then I would not use the installed version of TI8 it's too buggy. There are a number of other quirks that might be present but I have not encountered enough to to assist you any further.

Good Luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.