TI8 crashs while restoring / service partition

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Matthias, Jun 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matthias

Matthias Guest

Hi,

we have the following partition configuration:

1. Hidden Service Partition (we have a Fujitsu Siemens Primergy Server)

2. System partition, Windows 2003, C:, Prim, Act, NTFS

3. Data partition, D:, Prim, NTFS

We have to disks using a Raid-1 Array.

I made an image from C: to a file on D:. no problem.

Now I want to restore partition C: after a windows crash. I boot TI from CD. TI can see the raid array, partition D: and the image. The restore process begins. So everything seems to be fine. But 40 seconds before finishing the restore the system crashs, TI ends and the system is restarted.

There is no Partition C:, the service partition was changed to active, the system tries to boot from the service partition, but no C: and no data restored.

Is anyone able to give me a hint?

Thanks.

Matthias

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Matthias,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We also strongly recommend you to update your copy of Acronis True Image 8.0 to the 859 build. In order to get access to
    updates you should register account on our site (or just log in if you have already created it) and then register your copy of the product. Then create a new bootable CD with the latest build.

Please try the "acpi=off noapic" workaround and if it doesn't help please create sysinfo.txt file and send to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread and the full model name of the HDD controller your drive is connected to (please see https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55317 for the detailed instructions). We will certainly help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.