TI8.0 Frustrations

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by durleste, Oct 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. durleste

durleste Registered Member

I upgraded to TI8 shortly after it was announced, but haven't had much opportunity to use it until now. When I tried, it would not get past the select which drives to image screen. It just hung there. Subsequently, I have tried uninstalling--that also fails and hangs. (Also noted that the current start menu item under Acronis to uninstall doesn't work, and control panel add/remove programs also doesn;t work and only shows TI6 as installed! The only way I could even attempt an unistall or upgrade/repair was by running either the full 8.0 upgrade, or the latest 8.0 update patch.) Tried repairing, tiredupgrade using the latest update-both also hang and fail. Usually have to shut them down from Task manager, but twice I actuially had to do a hard reboot with the power switch! So, if I can't uninstall, how can I reinstall!! I've twice installed the registry fix to no effect. This is completely unacceptable.

I was a very happy user of 6.0 and 7.0 but my happiness is rapidly fading.

I have sent this same message to tech support. I haven't been disappointed in Acronis tech support before, but I've seen some discouraging messages on the forums.

Adrian

2. Scopacetic

Scopacetic Registered Member

I assume you've tried system restore? I imagine your problem goes back too far for that.

Can you image your drive(s) with your old boot CD? If you can, and if you made an image back when TI was working, why not image your hard discs now (using the boot disc to image), then use the boot CD to restore an old image from a time when TI was working. Next, use the new image to retrieve useful documents, etc. Once things are working again, you could try reinstalling 8. Just make sure you have the latest build of TI8 when you upgrade.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.