ti7, rescue CD, no CDRW drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by NoahsMyBro, Jun 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NoahsMyBro

NoahsMyBro Registered Member

I have a Windows 2003 Server, running on a Dell PowerEdge 2600 with a PERC4/Di controller. True Image Server 7.0, build 613, is installed on the server.

The C: drive is nearly out of space, and before resizing the partition I've used True Image to make an image of the drive.

I'd like to create a bootable rescue disk as well, but the server has no CD-RW drive. Is there any way to create an .iso of the Rescue Disk and burn it on a different machine? Alternatively, is there any way to 'trick' the system into using a CD-RW drive on a machine found elsewhere on the LAN ?

I also have True Image 8.0, build 800. Would I be able to do what I want if I installed it onto the server, replacing version 7.0? Would the upgrade consume much more disk space? I've only got about 200Mb free right now, and that's after moving a directory necessary for Windows upgrades to work properly. (That I need to put back as soon as I can.)

Thanks for any advice,
    Steve

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Steve,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We do understand your situation and in your case you may install Acronis True Image to another computer with CD drive, create Acronis Bootable CD and then uninstall Acronis True Image from that computer. Please note that Acronis Bootable CD is not system-specific and you may create it on any computer you wish.

Could you please clarify what version of Acronis True Image you have: Standard or Server? Since Acronis True Image 8.0 is intended for home users only it cannot be installed on server operating systems such as Windows 2000 Server and Windows 2003 Server. The upgrade to the new version isn't space-consuming and I believe the amount of free space will be almost the same after upgrade.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. NoahsMyBro

NoahsMyBro Registered Member

I've got TI 7.0, build 613, Server, installed on the server in question.

I also have TI8 (I thought it was Server?), but have not installed it on this server.

If things go wrong, and I do need to use the bootable recovery disc with this machine, will I be able to boot from the TI8 Boot CD, and restore an image created from the TI7 install on the server?

Thanks,
    Steve

Last edited: Jul 5, 2005
  4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Steve,

First of all please update your copy of Acronis True Image 8.0 Server to the 889 build. In order to get access to updates you should register account on our site (or just log in if you have already created it) and then register your copy of the product. Then create Acronis bootable CD with the latest build. Yes, you can boot from this CD and restore the image created with the Acronis True Image 7.0.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.