TI7 cannot recognise SATA drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by laserdoc, Aug 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. laserdoc

laserdoc Registered Member

I have Acronic TI 7 and a new Dell8400 with a WD 120g SATA and a Seagate 120 ide drive. When I try to restore a backup on the IDE drive, Acronis does not recognise the SATA drive on reboot. Makes it a little hard to restore a drive that does not exist. :) Does Acronis TI 8 resolve this problem. I certainly do not want to upgrade it it won't fix my problem.

Laserdoc

2. Charles Plumb

Charles Plumb Registered Member

I have problems with my SATA also. Version 8 does not recognize it for me but Version 7 Build 613 does it just fine for me - Maybe you can try Ver 7 Build 613. There are a lot of SATA posts for Version 8 and I am hoping they fix SATA problems in the next build for Version 8.

3. LXC

LXC Registered Member

I had no problem restoring my SATA drive with TI7 build 613. I replaced my IDE boot drive with an 80G Raptor and the restore went perfect. TI7 build 627 and TI8 will boot on the rescue disk but hangs after a few seconds when I click on 'Next". From what you are saying it sure sounds like TI7 build 627 and T!8 have a problem reading the SATA drive from the boot disk. Acronis is working on my problem and hopefully that will solve it for all.

-LXC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.