TI7 cannot recognise SATA drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by laserdoc, Aug 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. laserdoc

laserdoc Registered Member

I have Acronic TI 7 and a new Dell8400 with a WD 120g SATA and a Seagate 120 ide drive. When I try to restore a backup on the IDE drive, Acronis does not recognise the SATA drive on reboot. Makes it a little hard to restore a drive that does not exist. :) Does Acronis TI 8 resolve this problem. I certainly do not want to upgrade it it won't fix my problem.

Laserdoc

2. Charles Plumb

Charles Plumb Registered Member

I have problems with my SATA also. Version 8 does not recognize it for me but Version 7 Build 613 does it just fine for me - Maybe you can try Ver 7 Build 613. There are a lot of SATA posts for Version 8 and I am hoping they fix SATA problems in the next build for Version 8.

3. LXC

LXC Registered Member

I had no problem restoring my SATA drive with TI7 build 613. I replaced my IDE boot drive with an 80G Raptor and the restore went perfect. TI7 build 627 and TI8 will boot on the rescue disk but hangs after a few seconds when I click on 'Next". From what you are saying it sure sounds like TI7 build 627 and T!8 have a problem reading the SATA drive from the boot disk. Acronis is working on my problem and hopefully that will solve it for all.

-LXC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.