TI11: Linux kernel command line

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by creeping.death, Sep 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. creeping.death

creeping.death Registered Member

Hello, after upgrading to Acronis True Image 11.0, I am no longer able to do the automatic restore from within Windows (right click at image file -> restore -> system reboots and starts restore automatically -> reboot into Windows).
    I just get a black screen after the message with the Acronis Loader.
    It's the same with the created rescue media if I don't pass "noapic quiet" to the Linux kernel command line.
    Is it possible to integrate "noapic quiet" not only to the rescue media, but to the Windows-initiated mechanism too? I don't want to use special rescue media, I just want the functionality back I had with TI10.

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Which OS are you using?

Colin

3. creeping.death

I'm dual booting Vista x64 Ultimate and Windows XP Prof. SP2. But I think that should not make any difference because it's a Linux kernel that is booted - or am I wrong?

4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

I belive if you send in a tech support ticket, they will create an iso for you that has the parameter built in. Howver, I suspect tech is a bit backed up right now with the ATI 11 probs. Also, you might want to wait until a fixed version of ATI 11 is released so you won't have to write in again to get another iso.

5. creeping.death

When creating the rescue media with TI11, you can enter command line parameters to add. So there's no need to ask the Acronis Support for a special ISO-image.
    What I'm asking for is the option to add these parameters to the "temporary boot-image" (don't know how to call this), that starts only once after initiating the restore process from within Windows.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.