TI11 Home, New Disapointed User

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by RitchieG, May 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RitchieG

RitchieG Registered Member

As a new user of TI11 home on VISTA Home Premium I am very disappointed, I won't get into all of that as it has all been covered in this forum.

My question for today is where has the update for TI 11 gone ?
    I do have the most recent build that I am aware of but I checked the Acronis site just before posting this and TI 11 is no longer listed !

Does this mean that a new build is eminent or has Acronis abandoned TI 11 Home ??

2. dbknox

dbknox Registered Member

Hi RitchieG welcome to the forum, the latest build of TI 11 is #8053, did you use the links that are supplied in the "please read before you post" at the start of the forum. You have to register your product and then login to get the latest update.
    Hope this helps.

3. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

TI 11 8053 is still available. It is just the original build that was quietly taken out the back and humanely killed.

Xpilot

4. RitchieG

I have registered and all that and have been struggling with build #8053 for about 2 months. My issues are with the unreliability of the scheduler and the confusing interface. I have a very basic setup, one HD (2 partitions ), the OS, all applications and data on the C partition, one backup drive ( WD Home connected firewire ). All I want to do is back up my data with weekly sets eg. Monday full followed by 6 differentials, Monday full followed by 6 differentials .... , and my C partition with a similar 4 week schedule to the remote drive. Seems quite straight forward to me. I have been patiently hoping that Acronis was going to fix the well documented problems with their software but this morning noticed that even build #8053 dosen't seem to be avaliable ??

5. Earthling

Earthling Registered Member

You can't be logged into your account. Just got this -

Attached Files:

6. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

:D :D What a great start to my weekend!! :D :D Hope everyone else has a super weekend.

7. RitchieG

You are right that it is available when I log into my account but it is not listed on the " Available Product Updates " page (it was in the past).

I have spent a lot of time searching this forum to try to find solutions for my issues. There are a lot of very knowledgeable people sharing their expertise. But I think that the ball is in Acronis's court. I realize that it is potentially a very powerful backup solution but if it cannot " reliably " carry out a simple, basic schedule all the advanced features are not of much use. I will continue to wait for Acronis to get their act together and keep my eyes open for an alternative solution that meets my needs.

Thank you for trying to help.

8. dbknox

dbknox Registered Member

When I login I see it on the Latest Product Updates page. The following is copied and pasted from that page.

Acronis True Image 11 Home
    Build # 8053 November 07, 2007 137.1 MB
    Acronis True Image 10 Home
    Build # 4942 March 12, 2007 102.5 MB
    Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0
    Build # 2160 March 01, 2007 68.6 MB
    Acronis Power Utilities 2005
    Build # 614 May 26, 2005 49.1 MB
    Acronis Migrate Easy 7.0
    Build # 644 July 04, 2007 41.5 MB

9. dbknox

dbknox Registered Member

10. The Sand

The Sand Registered Member

Just "flat out"... riotous! RIOTOUS I tell ya!

11. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello RitchieG,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please provide a link to the page that the update is missing from?

Regarding the problems with scheduler: please have a look at this post and see if it solves the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

12. RitchieG

I am embarrassed to say that for some reason when I logged on to the Acronis site for some reason I was not on the Home User page. The update is listed on the Home user page but not the others, My Mistake ??

I have downloaded the Scheduler_update some time ago and have run the install.bat more than once . I checked the file versions in Program Files\Common\Acronis\Schedule2 and they are still the 30/10/2007 versions, should they have been updated ? Since doing that I created a new task Data/daily/differential, new full after 6 differentials. It did the full, 6 differentials and quit. I ran it manually for a couple of days and then " edited " the schedule, actually I changed nothing just clicked through it and the automated backups resumed. Tomorrow AM should be the next full we will see what happens. The backup location has no rules.

One of the things that I don't understand is why so many of the rules are in the backup location and not in the task. It would be quite handy to be able to create a task eg. backupset/Data Full/6 differential/ repeat (indefinably or some number )/ keep some number of sets (delete the oldest), all in the Task Manager. The only location rule that makes sense to my simple mind would be a size limit.

Thank you for your interest

13. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello RitchieG,

We are sorry for delayed response.

Since updating of scheduler didn't solve the problem, could you please provide us with the additional diagnostic information so we could investigate this issue thoroughly and provide you with a solution?

- Open Start\Programs\Accessories\System Tools\System Information;
    - Choose the "Save" option in the "File" menu (or "Action" menu under Windows 2000), enter the "File name" and set the field "Save as type" to "System Information File (*.NFO)";

- Copy schedmgr.exe file to the root of your c: drive
    - Click Start – Run, type in cmd, press OK and issue the following command:
    C:\schedmgr get report > schedreport.txt
    - Send us the schedreport.txt file in the root of your c:drive
    - Please run the schedmgr.exe program by double-clicking it from Windows Explorer
    - Enable logging by using the following command:
    set logflags support
    - Please reproduce the issue and collect the schedul2.log file which is placed to the same folder as the service file (program files\common files\acronis\schedule2)

It is recommended to turn off logging after troubleshooting by using the following command (from the schedmgr.exe command prompt):
    set logflags 0
    set lf_registry on

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will do our best to investigate the problem and provide you with a solution.

Regarding the way Acronis Backup Locations work: the concept is being reviewed. Most likely in future versions of Acronis True Image the scheduler will be improved to incorporate backup location functions, as well as some other requested by our customers.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.