TI11 8053 rescue media doesn't boot on my Dell OP755

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Olive, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Olive

Olive Registered Member

I have two SATA 250GB HD and they work with BIOS setting 'RAID/AHCI' but no RAID is set. I just use them seperately.
    Upon booting from TI11 8053 rescue media, it gives me the selection menu, but when I select TI full version, it goes blank (sometimes it gives the full screen Acronis TI banner and/or the Acronis logo in top left corner, then it hangs).
    I've tried to change BIOS to RAID/ATA, to add 'acpi=off noapic' parameters, or do both. None worked.
    Please advise.
    BTW, why there is no TI Safe Version to select in rescue media creation wizard?

2. Olive

Olive Registered Member

Add: I also tried to remove 'quiet' parameter but I cannot see any output. It gives me the Arconis TI banner, which is full screen, and then goes blank.

3. shieber

shieber Registered Member

If you don't see a stream of output with the "quiet" parameter missing, then it sounds like linux isn't loading.

Best bet is to put in a request to Tech Support. They might have an iso they can send yuto burn to CD that will work for your hardware setup.

RE Safe Mode, since most folks don't use it, Acronis has separated it from the main program download file and made it an add-in. To get it. Register the serial number of your program and then sign in to the updates page. Scroll around to find your product listed and click on the plus sign to open that entry. Therein you will find add-ins for BartPE and for Safe Mode. Download the Safe Mode plug-in msi and then double-click on the downloaded file to install it. Then when you start the build a Boot Media CD wizard, you will have the option to include the Safe Mode.

sh

4. chenry3

chenry3 Registered Member

I'm having a different problem here - I'm assuming there is no support for the Intel 825xx gigabit card in their most recent build? - I'm using trueimage echo workstation build 8018 and it doesn't see my network card - it sees my hard drive just fine

-Chris

5. Olive

Olive Registered Member

Push for more replies.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Olive,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please notice that shieber is fully correct. Please collect some information to let us investigate the problem thoroughly:

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

7. Acronis Support

Hello chenry3,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Workstation Disk Backup Software.

Could you please clarify if the problem appears when using Acronis Bootable Rescue Media? If so, please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

- Boot the computer from Acronis Bootable Rescue Media, remove the "quiet" parameter and wait for # prompt to appear;
    - Insert a diskette in a floppy disk drive and issue the following commands:

cd tmp
    mkdir mntdir
    mount /dev/fd0 mntdir
    cat /proc/net/dev > mntdir/net.txt
    asamba dhcp -n > asa_dhcp.txt
    asamba masters > asa_mast.txt
    sysinfo > mntdir/sysinfo26.txt
    umount mntdir

- Collect the net.txt, asa_dhcp.txt, asa_mast.txt and sysinfo.txt files from the diskette.

Please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also collect the exact vendor and device names of the network card you use.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

8. Olive

Olive Registered Member

I removed 'quiet' but got nothing output.

9. Acronis Support

Hello all,
    Olive, since there is no any output brought to the screen as soon as you remove the quiet parameter and click OK button, the issue seems to be related to the loader, not the Linux kernel itself. So please submit a request for technical support as Marat suggests and request an ISO image for the latest build of Acronis True Image 11 Home Bootable Media based on an alternative ISOLinux loader which should fix the issue.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
    Alexey Bogomolov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.