TI10Home - Secure Zone or not

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by geoffp, Dec 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geoffp

geoffp Registered Member

Hi all,

I have put in a hot-swappable caddy with 2 Seagate 320GB SATA HDD's (swap one over each week for off-site data backup storage).

I am going to use the drives as pure data backup via Acronis True Image 10 Home Edition. Is there an advantage in setting up an Acronis Secure Zone on each drive (which I believe stops you mounting the volume for browsing) as opposed to a "normal" accessed drive.

Thanks in advance. :D

2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

The SZ is not needed unless you think you or anyone else might accidentally delete the backup - and you're going to have two backups anyway. BTW, are you doing a Clone or Image to the drives in the caddy?

3. geoffp

geoffp Registered Member

I don't know. I'm open to all opinions.

However I want to achieve the following:
    1. Completely backup C drive (only a maximum of 30GB).
    2. Backup "My Documents" and a few other directories.

I want to do incremental backups of both, but how would that work using two hard drives that are backed up on alternate weeks? Is TI smart enough to perform an incremental backup based on data on the backup drive, or does it store the backup information (what it has backed up and when) somewhere else as well?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello geoffp,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Yes, the incremental backup file only contains data changed since the last initial full or incremental backup creation. The same applies to the differential backups, it contains all changes against the initial full archive.

You can create two scheduled tasks, each task to back up system to different hard drive.

Please also note that along with Acronis Secure Zone you could use another feature of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home, backup locations, which provide automatic backup archives management. I would recommend that you have a look at this previous thread to find more information about backup locations. Also chapter 3.5 "Acronis backup locations" and chapter 7. "Backup location management" of the Acronis True Image 10.0 Home User's Guide provide the detailed instructions on how to use backup locations.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Last edited: Jan 22, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.