TI10 -run a scheduled task now

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Uncle Ben, Nov 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uncle Ben

Uncle Ben Registered Member

I had to abort an incremental backup that is scheduled to work every morning, because I had issues to deal with and didn't want to deal with the performance loss on account thereof. When I got back to TI, I opened the scheduled tasks, highlighted the incremental job (which shows as having been terminated by the user), and click the race flag (RUN the selected task.)

Well it looks like TI 10 is never getting off the mark, because nothing is happening - it's not running the task.

Is this a bug - anyone else tried this?

TIA!

2. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

Could be the last task never really ended. Look for a TrueImageServices.exe in the Task Manager; if there, terminate it.

3. Uncle Ben

Uncle Ben Registered Member

Hi, The Weaz, how you're doing! Ya, best suggestion I had all day, and you were right, there was a "TrueImageServices.Exe" in the Task Manager ... and I suspect that it's sitting there, waiting for the clock to turn to the time I set it to run. I deleted it from the TM, opened up TI again and tried to run it - zilch! Nothing! Nothing! Nothing! TI is failing me miserably ... Not true, just kidding, I like TI, I really do. I've been using PC's for >20 years and this is the first "back up" applications that I've come across with which I was able to backup and restore my computer without scratching my head as to what this and tham meant. So yes, I like TI, but it obviously has a few glitches here and there, and I hope that the Acronis guru's are listening. Contrary to what they think, this, forums such as this one, is the best way to provide support. Because 9 times out 10, users will U and Me will help each other out, hence no need for the AcroBats to get involved.:D

4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

I've had this sort of thing happen with other programs and think it is more likely a Win prob than specifically an ATI issue.

A reboot will probably convince windows to finish any pending writes or reads it's waiting for, let go of any unnecessarily open files or locked disks and then after restarting, the task will probably run.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.