TI10 Recovery Manager - Mouse & Keyboard problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by penningt, Dec 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. penningt

penningt Registered Member

I have loaded TI10 on WinXP. I have activated Recovery Manager. I press F11 on boot. It gives me the option to enter Recovery Manager or continue with windows. I cannot select either because mouse and keyboard are not responding. I am using EVGA mother board with usb support enabled and 2 SATA disks. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Are your mouse/keyboard USB or Wireless and Logitech by any chance?

Colin

3. penningt

USB wireless Microsoft Itellitype Pro keyboard & Intellipoint Mouse.

Thanks.

4. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

With v9 it was a known problem with some Wireless/USB input devices when using the rescue CD - You are I believe, the first person to report a MS input device problem, lucky you :D

Some USB problems can be caused by external hubs, so if your mouse/keyboard goes through and external hub try plugging them in to a motherboard mounted socket.

If you have a corded mouse or keyboard, it is worth just checking that tone or both of these actually do work at the F11 option. This is just to make sure your Recovery Manager isn't haywire.

I don't use recovery manager or v10 as yet, but do you have an SZ set up as well?

Colin

5. penningt

Yes lucky me. I actually had the same problem with Norton Ghost 2003 so I decided to try TI (the demo version failed to install with "unable to register error" so I ended up just buying TI).

I don't have a wired mouse so I can't try that at the moment.

I do have SZ setup but I do not know how good or bad it is yet until I get passed this.

I'm going to create a recovery boot cd and see if it behaves any differently with that.

The only thing I'm wondering about is my hard drives. I've got 2 SATA disks on a EVGA 680i mother board. When I loaded XP Home I decided not to install the SATA raid drivers from F6 floppy option and I'm wondering if maybe I should have done. Just a guess but what do you reckon?

Thanks,

Tim

6. penningt

This resolved as user error. Mouse not working but keyboard was. Can use Keyboard to select Recovery Manager and then mouse starts to work once in Recovery Manager.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.