TI10 Home Trial Edition - reboot when loading recovery environment

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by EventHorizon80, Nov 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EventHorizon80

EventHorizon80 Registered Member

Hey guys, I was wondering if sombody would be able to help me out here.

I downloaded TI10 Home Trial edition and was performing some (what should be) simple testing. Taking an image under Windows was very easy and seemed to be flawless. I then created a boot disc (on my 32Mb Flash card) and restarted the computer. I takes a while, but TI loaded up and presented me with the main menu.

Now, this is where the problems start. As soon as I select either Backup or Restore the system reboots! In fact, it seems that as soon as the program needs to read my disk configuration it crashes. I don't have the build version to hand, I'll get that later and edit this post). Below is a snapshot of my system configuration:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+
    Giga-Byte GA-K8N-SLi
    1.5 Gb RAM
    2x Maxtor SATA HDD in RAID 0 (On NForce4 controller)
    1x D/L DVD ReWriter
    1x Flash memory card on Epson Photo Printer
    Windows XP MCE 2005
    2x NTFS Partitions with default sector size.

If anybody can offer any assistance it would be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT:

Ok, it was the latest build but I have finally been able to resolve the issue.

Turns out that the "Full" mode crashes, "Safe" mode does not. Quite why I have no idea...does seem there is a bit of work to do though.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2006
  2. Tabvla

Tabvla Registered Member

Does TI10 support SATA in Safe Mode?

TI9 did not, that is why I am asking.

3. EventHorizon80

Yes, it seems that TI10 does have support for SATA in safe mode.

Well, it better have! I just backedup (and verified) my primary partition which is a SATA based RAID 0 running off an NForce 4 chipset. However, non safe mode still crunches on my system. Guess this would be some kind of USB based disk? Problem is that even with the printer turned off it dies...how do I get it to record a log fileo_O

4. Tabvla

Tabvla Registered Member

My first thought is that the ATI driver for your flash card may not be 100% compatible, which means that you will have some functionality but not all.

To test this I suggest that you create a bootable CD. Boot with the CD and see if that resolves the problem.

Let us know the result.

5. EventHorizon80

I gave the CD a go (yes, there was an option...I was just having a moment of stupidity). However, the full version still bombs out. Even with all of my USB devices unplugged.

It's a pain, but I can't see any difference between full and safe modes.

Of cource, I am willing to give anything a go (bar breaking my RAID array) to try and fix this...thre must be others out there with the same issue.

6. Tabvla

Tabvla Registered Member

Which RAID configuration are you using? (a number between 0 and 5)

7. EventHorizon80

HDD's are on SATA connected as RAID 0.

DVD ReWriter is on standard IDE.

8. Tabvla

Tabvla Registered Member

Looking at your system spec (as per your 1st post), my understanding is that you have 2 identical hard disks in a RAID 0 configuration.

This implies that you are saving your backups to the same disks as your source. This is not a good arrangement.

RAID 0 is a misnomer - it offers no protection at all, it is for performance only. In fact RAID 0 doubles your risk because if either drive develops a fault or suffers corruption in a critical file location, the entire array goes down and needs to be rebuilt.

I know that you started this post with a different problem, and that my reply is not helping you resolve that problem, but in my view you have a much more serious issue to resolve - namely to reorganise your storage environment so as to ensure that you have a well-designed arrangement that clearly differentiates between and separates out your operating system; data and backup files.

If you would like help with this then please come back to the Forum.

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello EventHorizon80,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please try booting the full version of Acronis True Image with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If the issue persists, please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.