TI10 Explore File Extraction causes lockup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by LXC, Nov 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LXC

LXC Registered Member

I am running Win XP Pro SP 2 and TI 10. I created a file-level archieve of video projects containing project files, DV.avi files... When I try to extract the DV.avi files (~3G) using Expore the process hangs (not responding) and I have to end the process. Short files extract from Explore with no problem. If I use Restore and select the same DV.avi file, the DV.avi file is extracted with no problem.

Ed B

<Edit> False Alarm. There is no problem just a very long delay from when the extract is initated and the screen is updated. During the wait if you move the explore screen, cancel... the screen is not refreshed. Checking the Application status in the Task Manager shows not responding. Patience and the process completes successfully.

Ed B

Last edited: Nov 5, 2006
  2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Can you mount and restore the file?

Colin

3. LXC

LXC Registered Member

From the TI10 instruction manual - "Please keep in mind that, though both file archives and disk/partition images have a default “.tib” extension, only images can be mounted"

You can not mount a file-level archieve but you can use TI Restore and that works with no problem.

I will try and extract a 3G file from a mounted partition image.

Ed B

<edit> I created a partition image containing the same group of files. I can extract the DV.avi 3G file from the mounted partition image or using explore and the partition image tib file (non mounted) with no problem. It is only when I use explore of a file archive and extract a large file like the DV.avi 3G file that the process hangs. Small files extract fine and I don't how large a file has to be before there is a problem.

Ed

Last edited: Nov 5, 2006
  4. LXC

LXC Registered Member

False Alarm. There is no problem. There is a long... wait from when you initiate the extract until there is an update on the screen. If you try to cancel, move... the explore screen it is not refreshed and no response. If you bring up the Task Manager Applications status shows not responding. You have to be patient eventually the screens update and the process completes successfully.

Ed B

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.