TI10 could Java upgrade make it fail?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Steve1209, Jan 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve1209

Steve1209 Registered Member

Hi all,

I updgraded to Java 1.6.0 yesterday, last night my automatic full disk backup FAILED, it failed to even start let alone fail during the run, IS it possible the two are related or was it just a weird thing? Using Acronis TI10 home, Windows XP SP2+ all fixes

Thanks for any help or info,

Steve

2. bpbp00

bpbp00 Registered Member

You say "automatic" backup...... What conditions did you set to make it automatic. I scheduled mine to automatically backup when I shut down (which is usually before i go to bed). For over a month, the backup would automatically start by the time I got up off the chair after shutting down. Now out of a clear blue sky, the computer just shuts down!!! No backup!!! I deleted the old scheduled backup routine and created another one. Still no good.
    My computer starts up automatically every morning so that when I sit down to work I just have to sign in. Since I have a 3rd hard drive in my machine I have a scheduled backup every Sunday morning at system startup. That works fine, but my scheduled at shutdown no longer works. Sounds like the same problem you have. I didn't upgrade Java, so it might be something else.
    Bob

3. Steve1209

My term automatic should have been scheduled backup. Since my scheduled backup failed after I upgraded to Java 1.6.0, I thought mabe the two were related. I just used acronis to recover my entire hard drive back to before the install and last night the schedule ran just fine...Very unusual

4. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

For scheduled backups the following four services need to be running:
    schedhlp.exe
    schedul2.exe
    TimounterMonitor.exe
    TrueImageMonitor.exe

If one them especially schedhlp and schedul2 are not running the task will not run. I had this issue and resolved it by doing a repair install. I'm running Java 6 and do not have any issues with scheduled tasks on V9 B3677.

5. Steve1209

Hi Tom,

Thank you I just checked & those 4 tasks are running, IF I should get the failure again, I'll take a looky see if any of those tasks are missing. When You say U did a repair install I assume U ment of Acronis correct?

Thanks again,
    Steve

6. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Correct, I repaired the TI install not XP.

7. Steve1209

Tom,

Thanks for the clarification, I hope my TI 10 install is good, it has worked perfectly on my scheduled back-up with 7 versions and I was also able to recover back to 2 days previous yesterday, everything is perfect!

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.