TI10 and TI11 will not complete restore using bootable rescue disk

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by littlemiss, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. littlemiss

littlemiss Registered Member

I have tried TI 10 and TI 11 with the same results. The product(s) work fine when operating from a windows environment; all of the tools work. The problem I am having is that neither product will complete a restore while running from the bootable rescue disk. The images are validated and then mounted to insure image integrity. Further, the images will restore from a windows environment. This tells me external disk where the images are stored is good, the connection is good, the image is good, the receiving computer and drive are good. This leaves only the bootable disk. The restore process will start and write approximately 30 percent of the task and then stall indefinitely. I have tried every option I am aware of and have not found a workaround. I am turning to your collective expertise for help.

HP dv9000t, core2duo 1.83, dual 100gb drives, attempting restore from WD external via usb.

Thank you in advance.

2. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

My first step would be to run error check on all disks involved. Windows is using Windows drives whereas the Rescue CD is using Linux drivers. Have you used the CD to validate your backup archive.

3. littlemiss

GroverH,

Thank you for your reply.

All 3 drives check out good; tested, running software, and will accept images (from a windows environment).

I have only recently learned that the Acronis rescue disk is linux. This could very well be the issue. I am aware of the BartPE option and will likely resort to this, but would like to resolve (for myself and for other readers) the issue with the Acronis media.

Although I have not attempted to validate the archives useing the rescue cd, they have been validated in the windows environment. Also, the image files are not rejected as corrupt, the restore will begin and run for 10 minutes or so and then stall indefinitely.

Again, Thank You

4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

A restore begun in windows is not actually done in windows, it reboots you into linus and loads the linux version of ATI just like on the Boot cd -- that's how ATI can write all those win system files -- because win OS isn't operating.

If restore isn't working from the boot CD, then either the cd is bad (try making another one). Or put in a ticket with Tech Support so they can investigate, what, if anything got left off or corrupted among the files that get written to the BootCD.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

littlemiss, could you please post here the build number of the Acronis True Image 11 Home Bootable Media which is available at the Help -> About dialog when booted from rescue disc?

Thank you.

Best Regards,
    Alexey Bogomolov

6. littlemiss

Alexey,

Sorry for the late response. Yes I have access to that info. and will post it as soon as possible.

Littlemiss

7. Atomheart

Atomheart Registered Member

Restore stops and nothing happens

My computer is a HP nw9440 Laptop with SATA drive.
    I am trying to put back an image to my c: partition.
    The restoring process always stops at about 30% and nothing happens.
    The computer does not "hang", I can choose cancel, but it doesnt cancel, it just does nothing.
    Same thing happens with verifiying the image at about the same spot.
    I can remove the disk and put it to my Desktop, then everything works fine, exept back in the laptop it wont boot.

Any ideas?

PS: i am using True Image Home 11

8. Acronis Support

9. littlemiss

Hello Acronis Support

The build number is 8027 on the rescue disk. I am currently updating to the latest build.

Also, I see that Atomheart has posted a thread that indicates he is having the same problem.

Is this a known or common issue with an available resolution?

Thank You
    Little miss

10. littlemiss

Progress (or the lack of it) update

Have just updated to the latest build (8053) with the same results as the previous build.

Also, tried the Acronis workaround described below:

"Please try the following workaround:

Please boot your computer from the Acronis True Image rescue disc and press F11 key when the selection screen advising you to select either "Full", "Safe" or "Boot into Windows" option appears. After you get the "Linux kernel command line" prompt, please modify it in the following way:

quiet acpi=off noapic"

This had no effect and the product is still nonfunctional.

I have used Norton Ghost on other computers in the past with great success and am becoming very eager to try Paragon's Drive Backup.

Please advise

Thank You

Littlemiss

11. littlemiss

Re: Restore stops and nothing happens

Atomheart,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing the same problematic issues as myself. I too have an HP (model # 9000t) which restores to approx. 30 percent before stalling (also, cannot cancel or terminate without powering down.

If you are interested, search the thread posted by littlemiss. I am currently waiting for a reply from Acronis tech support on this issue.

If you hear or learn anything more, please reply.

Thank You In Advance.

littlemiss

12. Acronis Support

Hello littlemiss and Atomheart,

Please check if the partition image is stored at is compressed (right click on the partition and choose "Properties"). If it is, please uncompress it (uncheck the "Compress drive to save disk space" box).

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

P.S. I have merged your threads as they address the same issue.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

13. littlemiss

Atomheart,

Littlemiss here, no luck yet with Acronis but have tried Paragon DriveBackUp. Works great...created an image and restored it to my second drive, then installed the second drive in place of primary drive to ensure bootability.

If you have not ironed out your Acronis issues, give Paragon a try.

Littlemiss

14. littlemiss

Acronis Support,

Per your suggestion, I have checked the partition/image for compression. Please be advised that it is not. Do you have any further suggestions.

Thank you,

Littlemiss

15. Acronis Support

Hello littlemiss,

It seems that the problem you encountered requires additional investigation. Could you please collect some information?

Please create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Please keep all drives in question connected and powered on during the creation process.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.