TI10: 0x4000D File corrupt! Build 4871!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by vnv, Oct 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vnv

vnv Registered Member

Hello!

The same Bullshit in TI 10 as in TI 9

In TI it is NOT Possible to create Backups to an USB HD Drive!

ALWAYS the Same!

Tested with different Drives....

BTW: I tested TI9 Workstation with the same external Drives = NO Problem!

Hey Support! It's your Turn!

Best Regards
    vnv

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello vnv,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Could you please provide us with additional information to investigate this issue thoroughly and to provide you with a possible workaround?

1) Did you use Acronis True Image Bootable Rescue Media or did you use Acronis True Image in Windows to create image archive?

2) Did you create a disk/partition image or backup of separate files/folders (file-based backup)?

Please also do the following:

- Create a new image archive when Acronis True Image 10.0 Home is running from under Windows and then validate this image when Acronis True Image 10.0 Home is running from under Windows and when your PC is booted from Bootable Rescue CD of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. Let us know the results;

- Create a new image archive when your PC is booted from Bootable Rescue CD of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home and then validate this image both when Acronis True Image 10.0 Home is running from under Windows and when your PC is booted from Acronis True Image Bootable Rescue CD. Let us know the results;

- Create a new image archive, store it to the local hard drive instead of the external USB hard drive and then validate this image when Acronis True Image 10.0 Home is running from under Windows. Let us know the results.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

3. vnv

vnv Registered Member

In Windows

EVERY BACKUP with File-check afterwards ist CORRUPT! :thumbd:

I will post the Results, after doing so.

I DID THIS: SAME RESULT, ARCHIVE IS CORRUPT! :thumbd:

Regards
    vnv

4. ken6980

ken6980 Registered Member

Is there any solution to this threado_O Same exact problem. Should I return the software. Why does no one give a solution to this thread?

5. vnv

vnv Registered Member

Hello ken6980!

I am using TI 10 since the first Day ( On 4 PC, I bought it 4 times o_O - the biggest fault ever!).

I tried several installations with internal or external USB / Pata / Sata drives.... I did not get a backup without "file corrupt error"...

the Acronis support do not really know what to do: So many people have the same problem. The only thing they do is collecting information.

I think they are working on a stable Vista version... or a thing they call it like that :mad: .

Conclusion: If you have enough time to try and try and try - stay at TI but do not forget to backup sometimes....;)

Best regards
    vnv

6. Acronis Support

Hello ken6980,

Please note that solution for this issue may be different for different users and, therefore, in order to provide you with solution/workaround that will solve the issue for you we will need some additional information to investigate this issue thoroughly.

Could you please provide us with the information requested in post 2 of this thread? Please also perform this memory tests and inform us about the results.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

7. ylimehajile

ylimehajile Registered Member

Has this issue been resolved yet? I too have Version 10.0 build 4,871 and have the same problem. All I'm trying to do is a simple data backup to an external hard drive. Every backup fails with: The file is corrupted. (0x4000D) Tag = 0xC847B314771C5F00.

This product is totally useless. I'm using this on my personal home computer and as a product tester / approver for a large technical company I can easily say I will NOT be recommending this product to our company.

It looks like all Acronis Technical Support is doing is trying to turn everyone into their QA department. We don't have time to resolve your issues for you. If so many people are having this issue I'm sure you can certainly reproduce it in your environment with a little bit of effort. You want to charge a pretty high price for your software so can we in return charge Acronis for all the time we've spent trying to resolve your issues?

8. gkweb

gkweb Expert Firewall Tester

Hello,

I cannot help you to find a solution, I just wanted to say that I have used ATI 10.0 Home last build using different storage locations :
    - local drive (IDE/SATA)
    - external USB drive
    - network (shared LAN drive)

I have yet to see a corrupted image. One probable possibility is a hardware issue (I remember on this forum someone having corrupted images on an external USB device, and it was the USB card which was bad). If your have corrupted images only on a single device, do a chkdsk (chkdsk LETTER: /F /V /R). If you have corrupted images on all media, a memory check is also to be done. Acronis support indicated memtest (http://www.memtest.org/), I personally use the Windows Memory Diagnostic (http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp). Download the executable, makes a floppy, reboot on it, and once the test started, do not forget to press 'T' to run the extended tests.

Finally, at a last resort it might be possible that it is a bug in the software, but I won't answer for the support.

Good luck.

Regards,
    gkweb.

9. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

- Have you run memtest? What results did you get?
    - Do you experience corruption from Windows TI, or Linux TI (Boot CD) or both?
    - Is your system overclocked?
    - Can you create a good image to an internal drive ?
    - Have you tried running without compression enabled?

F.

10. Acronis Support

Hello ylimehajile,

Indeed, there was an issue with file-based backup archives falsely report corruption (it is described in this previous post). However, this issue was related to the build 3718 of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation and Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server only. The issue was fixed in build 3832 of the respective version of Acronis True Image.

The issue you have experienced may related to the hardware, therefore, to say it for sure we will need additional information from you. Could you please provide us with the information requested in post #2 of this thread? Also answer the questions foghorne asked.

We are looking forward to hearing back from you.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.