TI10.0 and McAfee Phishing Filter - Causes "read errors"

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by aussiegtc, Dec 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aussiegtc

aussiegtc Registered Member

Hi,

I've posted here a few times with the problems I've been having with backups and receiving the following types of errors on seemingly random files (usually when doing incrementals or file/folder backups):

Failed to backup file or folder 'C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\My Documents\My Pictures\<folder>'.
    Error reading the file. (0x40001)
    Tag = 0x61F1883FE50B0A2F
    (0x1003EB)
    Tag = 0x14181C22EF45AC00: Retry/Ignore/Cancel

CHKDSK showed no errors and for a while this had me stumped. The files and folders with errors changed constantly.

After a somewhat lengthy process of trial and error, I have found that by disabling the Phishing Filter in McAfee Security Center that I am able to get flawless backups again. A recent update to the privacy service (15 Dec 2006) seems to be the culprit.

The versions I run of McAfee are as follows:

Security Center
    Version: 7.1
    Build: 7.1.34
    Language: en-gb
    Last Update: 24/11/2006

PrivacyService <--------------This is the culprit!
    Version: 9.1
    Build: 9.1.130
    Language: en-gb
    Last Update: 15/12/2006

I hope this information proves useful to anyone running both McAfee and Acronis. Disable the Phishing Filter and your problem may just be solved!

Don't ask me why it happens though - I'll leave that to the experts!

Thanks to Acronis e-mail support for helping me work through this and pointing my in the "somewhat correct" direction.

Cheers,
    Andrew

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.