TI Wiped External Hard Drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by thenoser, Aug 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thenoser

thenoser Registered Member

I have been using TI for a few weeks now and have set up a scheduled task to create a full image on a daily basis to an external hard drive connected via firewire. Today I decided to launch the scheduled task manually (right clicked the task and selected 'Start Now.' After it completed creating the image, I ran a 'Check Image' and after a few minutes TI gave an error message saying that the image was corrupt. I tried to run another backup, but an error popped up saying the external drive was not formatted. When I tried to access the drive through Windows Explorer, I get the same drive not formatted message. It appears that creating the image (or trying to check it) wiped the data from the external drive. I had a number of video files, transferred from my Tivo, as well as a few TI images on the 200 gb drive. Is there any way to recover the data? I am now hesitant to use TI if there is a possibility of this kind of disaster occurring again.

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, thenoser

I do not know how it can do such a thing without being giving the [a] command.

As long as you do not alter the Partition in any way, [overwrite data] Acronis DDS9's Recovery Tool will recover deleted or corrupt Partition no bother, using [BootCD] the manual method with fast recovery.

I use it to show and [terrify them when I delete their HDD :mad: ] convince friends how good Acronis Products are.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello thenoser,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that Acronis True Image doesn't make any changes when verifying the image. It seems that the problem is resulted from other reasons such as probably hardware malfunction. I would recommend that you check the external drive for possible issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

4. mem1

mem1 Guest

Sometimes after I have done a image, the external drive is not accessable and get similar messages with the secure zone I am saving it to. A restart allows it to find the drive and check the image files afterward without any errors.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mem1,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please check each partition of your external hard drive by Windows utility and see if the problem still persists?

- For Windows 9x please use Windows menu Start\Run
    then enter the command "scandskw" and test all drives;

- For Windows XP please use Windows menu Start\Run, then enter the command
    "chkdsk d: /r" "chkdsk e: /r" for every partition of this hard drive.

Please also clarify on what disk Acronis Secure Zone is located. Tell me whether you have Acronis Secure Zone on your external hard drive or is it located on any internal drive?

What exact error messages have you received?

Please describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.