TI v8.0.774 and Secure Zone.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Wallace, Oct 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wallace

Wallace Registered Member

I am new to TI being an avid GHOST fan, that is until I discovered TI! That said, I have a small problem.
    I successfully create and restore images without a hitch, however, I can only create usable "bootable rescue CD or floppy's" using "safe" mode.
    This is not really a problem as I find the program easy to use anyway.
    The problem is more serious when I try and use Secure Zone.
    You see I can create the secure zone and activate it successfully but when I boot, just as if I created boot disks in the normal mode, the PC locks up displaying the Acronis logo and "loading....please wait" underneath.
    This, as I said, is not a problem with my boot CD/floppy's, but I do not see an option to create the secure zone in "safe" mode. It makes Secure Zone unusable for me.

Using:- Windows XP Pro SP-2, TI v8.0.774, 512MB RD RAM, 160GB RAID 0 array (using HighPoint BIOS v2.34), 60GB HDD.

I have done a search but cannot find any real answers to this particular problem.

Thank you.

2. djmorgan

djmorgan Registered Member

Not sure I understand, you created secure zone under windows which created a hidden partition taking space that you nominated and from an existing partition or free space you told it to.

When creating the secure zone your computer rebooted and formed the SZ in dos then rebooted you to windows...

Next you created an image in SZ....

Now when you reboot your computer just after POST and before windows loads you see a message to use F11 if you want to activate ATI? after you hit F11 Acronis gives you the option to continue with windows load or ATI....

So what happens to you at this pointo_O??

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Wallace,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/products/trueimage/).

As I understood, you have created Acronis Secure Zone (ASZ) and activated Acronis Startup Recovery Manager. Now when you press F11 key your computer hangs.

Please note that it doesn't make any difference if you boot your computer from the full version of Acronis rescue CD and using Acronis Startup Recovery Manager. They both are based on Linux. The safe version of Acronis bootable rescue media is based on DOS and uses BIOS in order to operate with hardware devices. We recommend to use the safe version only if we cannot resolve problems with the full version.

The problem you described is known and it appeares when Acronis rescue CD doesn't have appropriate linux drivers for your devices. Please contact support@acronis.com or send me a Private Message with your email address and I will contact you soon with diagnostic instructions.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Andrew Berezovsky

Acronis, Inc.
    395 Oyster Point Blvd., Suite 213
    South San Francisco, CA 94080 USA
    http://www.acronis.com/

Acronis support department
    e-mail: support@acronis.com

Acronis... compute with confidence

4. Wallace

Wallace Registered Member

I am sorry. I am not very good at explaining myself. You are right. I have setup the ASZ successfully and the computer does "hang" after I have pressed F11, the screen displaying the Acronis logo and stating "Loading...please wait"
    However, just to add.
    Before I installed the ASZ I created rescue floppy's (safe mode) and tested them and they worked no problem. When I made a rescue CD (non-safe mode I.E. full) the PC hangs on reboot. The media type is not an issue here as I also created a rescue CD using safe mode and that works ok.

5. Acronis Support

Yep, the media type is not an issue. It doesn't matter if you use a set of diskettes of a CD.

There are two types of Acronis bootable rescue media: the full version (Linux) and the safe one (DOS and it uses BIOS).

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Andrew Berezovsky

6. ugc

ugc Registered Member

so, how do you create a secure zone that just installs "safe mode".

My computer does the same thing. Using a CD with "safe" mode on it, it is fine, but when I hit "F11" the system tries to boot using the "Full" off the hard drive, and it crashes and reboots, but "safe" mode works fine.

I want to make a "secure zone" on my computers hard drive that just uses "safe" mode and NOT "full". so when I hit "F11" during boot, it boots the "safe" mode. I don't want to have to install a CD everytime I want to restore.

How do I do this?

7. Acronis Support

Hello ugc,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/products/trueimage/).

This feature is not available in the current version of Acronis True Image but we will certainly add it in the future versions.

Thank you.

8. ugc

ugc Registered Member

Thanks.

For the record....I love Acronis much more than any other backup system. I am very much into computers and backup and restore quite a bit, and acronis hasn't let me down yet and is very simple to use.

Keep up the good work, and I will be looking forward to the safe mode in the future versions.

UGC

9. RTShaw

RTShaw Registered Member

Sooo.. the secure zone doesnt work in 8.0774 but locks up?
    i'm still using the latest 7.x version waitin 2 update to 8.0x after i see my problem fixed.. now i guess i will wait so more. i definately wantd and was using the f11 fe3ature in 7.x version and was a big reason i went with true image. but i still have unanswered questions,. and im a reg user..

10. Gauthreau

Gauthreau Guest

I had similar lockups when trying to boot from rescue media created via TI. The problems I had were resolved when I dl'ed the TI iso from http://download.acronis.com/support/ISO/

I don't know if it will solve your problems, but it has with mine.

Neil

11. Gauthreau

Gauthreau Guest

The above posted link does not work. The link I dl'ed from was originally posted in the thread "Unconsionable".

See if Acronis will send you the link and give it a shot. It worked for me.

Neil

12. RTShaw

RTShaw Registered Member

thank you for the info. i thought it was just my strange situation of 3 sata drives and 5 pata drives in raid and non raid configs..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.