TI:Server - No Disks Found

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Paul_OCC, Jan 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul_OCC

Paul_OCC Registered Member

I have recently downloaded the trial version of TI:Server to test it's ability to backup a Dell server for a DR situation.

The server is running a PERC 4/di embedded RAID, which is the Dell standard controller card. The system is configured with a Raid 1 Array with 2 disks and a Raid 5 Array with 3 disks and a hot swap 4th.

However when I boot from the CD, I recieve the No Disks Found Error when trying to create a backup image.

I am keep to purchase a DR application and having using True Image successfully on desktop machines, I was keen to use Acronis software again.

Can you please advise on any possible solutions to this problem - as I am aware that the Dell PERC 4/DC dual channel RAID card is fully supported by Acronis TI:Server (tested working by a colleage).

Thanks in Advance,

Paul.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Paul.

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Please try the "acpi=off noapic" workaround (please see https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55317) and if doesn't help please create a sysinfo.txt file as described at the thread mentioned above (part II b) and send to support@acronis.com along with the description of the problem. Please indicate in the subject of the letter that you want to contact Marian Fadeeva.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. Paul_OCC

Great - thanks for that ... will go and test straight away.

Apologies if you get this question alot - but the search strings I tried didn't unearth anything useful.

Thanks again,

Paul.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Paul,

You shouldn't apologize. The main purpose of this forum is to help our customers to solve their problems so you did everything right.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. Paul_OCC

Unfortunantly the "acpi=off noapic" workaround has had no effect. I have emailed my sysinfo log file over for Marian Fadeeva's attention.

Thanks for your help.

Paul.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.