TI Server crashed

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Frank05, Aug 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frank05

Frank05 Registered Member

Hi,

I already mentioned this issue in thread 92637, but since it is a different issue than the one discussed there I opened a new threat.

I'm currently evaluating True Image Server 8 vs. Symantec Livestate Recovery in order to find a suitable imaging tool for our server.

OS is Windows 2000 server, SP4. The system partition, C: with 10 GB, resides on a dynamic disk (140 GB) together with 6 data partitions. The dynamic disk itself resides on a Raid 5 array (LSI Logic Megaraid).

My first steps with TI Server today were not very promising: I installed it on my server and created two images, one from C and another one from a data drive. Worked fine. A few hours later I wanted to test incremental images. First I tried with the data drive with no problem. Than I tried the system drive. After pressing the last "Proceed" in the wizard, I received an empty status window (the one very you should see the green progress bars). Nothing happened for some time, so I clicked Cancel. I received the confirmation dialog and said yes, please cancel. The status window remained option, so I pressed Hide. Tried this again with same results. Then, when I closed the TI application, TI crashed with some generic Windows error message.

The error I got was:
    The instruction at "0xSomeAddressHere" referenced memory at "0xAnotherAddress". The memory could not be "read".

Later I shutdown the server. Windows said that it can't stop the TrueImageService for each of this pending jobs. Then I noticed the jobs started and created the incremental image.

What could be wrong here?

Thanks,
    Frank

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Frank,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

Could you please do the following:

1. Press the Start button, choose Run, type "drwtsn32" and press Enter.
    2. In the dialog that appears check the Log File and Crash Dump paths, then press the OK button.
    3. Reproduce the problem.
    4. Pick up the user.dmp and drwtsn32.log files in the directory specified at step 2 and send them to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread.

We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the reason for the crash.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. Frank05

Frank05 Registered Member

Hi,

OK, will do, but I postpone this to the weekend to avoid interruption of work here.

Frank

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Frank,

You may contact Acronis Support Team at any time whenever it is convinient for you.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.