TI Server 9.1 freezes at Non-Empty Destination Hard Drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by RRamin, Jun 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RRamin

RRamin Registered Member

I'm using the latest version of TI Server 9.1 3,920 on a Dell Inspiron 1501. When booting from the TI CD and trying to restore an image I get all the way to the Non-empty Destination Hard Drive screen and select Yes to delete the current partitions and hit Next, TI just freezes. Any key I hit after that gives me a loud "beep". I've let it sit for over an hour with no success.

I've tried creating new images, and I've verified that these images work with other laptops. This happens when retrieving the image over a network and from a DVD. I can't try it using the Safe Version because then TI doesn't see the network of the DVD drive.

Any version of TI previous to this one does not recognize the internet hard drive of the laptop. I've also tried the "acpi=off noapic" command with no success.

Any help would be appreciated.

Robert

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello RRamin,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Could you please collect some information to let us investigate the issue thoroughly?

Please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. RRamin

RRamin Registered Member

Thanks for your response.

Unfortunately, as with almost all new laptops, the Inspiron 1501 does not include an internal floppy drive, nor do I have an external drive available.

I do have USB drives that I can use, but I spent the better part of an hour trying different ways to mount the drive under Linux without success. I'm an expert with Windows and Windows Server OSs, but I know nothing about Linux.

If you have some instructions on mounting a USB drive, I can try that, unless you have any other suggestions.

Robert

4. Acronis Support

Hello RRamin,

Please take a look at this previous post explaining how to save the sysinfo.txt file to USB flash drive.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

5. RRamin

RRamin Registered Member

I tried the instructions you directed me to, however I was still unable to mount any USB drives. I tried three different drives, formatted them to FAT and FAT32 and still was not able to mount them. They're recognized when I insert them and I am able to see their partitions when I do CAT /proc/partitions, but they're not mountable.

Robert

6. Acronis Support

Hello Robert,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

In this case if it is possible, please do the following:

- Boot your computer from the Acronis True Image Bootable CD and press F11 key when the selection screen advising you to select either "Full", "Safe" or "Boot into Windows" option appears;

- After you get the "Linux kernel command line" prompt, remove the word "quiet", click on the OK button then and choose "Full Version";

When the screen stop scrolling use a digital camera to make shots of the output screens and send the captured information to Acronis Support Team. You can use Shift+PgUp and Shift+PgDn keys to scroll the screen manually.

In addition, send Acronis Report and Windows System Information to Acronis Support Team. Check Acronis Help Post for the instructions om how to obtain this information.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

7. RRamin

RRamin Registered Member

Thanks for your continued help. I haven't yet had a chance to do what you requested, however I did have a chance to try the boot CD on another desktop PC and another laptop PC, and both of them did the exact same thing.

In both of these cases I was able to use an earlier version of TI with no problem, but the current version will hang at the same spot. Also, this second laptop has always worked with previous versions of TI except 3920.

I tried creating two other boot CDs, but they both have the same problem. The PC I am creating them on is running Vista Ultimate x64. Could this be a problem?

Robert

8. VolkerNadolski

VolkerNadolski Registered Member

Hi,

I have the same (and worse) problems with the build 3920. Maybe my solutions helps you too... It seems that build 3920 uses another kernel and due to that my systems crashes. For me it helped to start the full version the parameter pci=biosirq (F11 at the selection screen). This should be fixed in the next version.

Regards

Volker

9. RRamin

RRamin Registered Member

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my message. Unfortunately your suggestion didn't work for me. So far, I have been unable to use the latest version to restore a single backup! After years of using TI and dealing with Acronis, I guess I should be used to the poor compatibility and useless support.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.