ti reboots after dhcp renewal

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by anonymous coward, Jun 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ti 8.0 (recovery version) simply reboots after getting a new IP from a dhcp server when, that's not so good, during image creation

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello anonymous coward,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please let us know what build of Acronis True Image you used to create Acronis Bootable CD? If it is build 859 please try the "acpi=off noapic" workaround in the way described at Acronis Help Post and if it doesn't help please create sysinfo.txt asdescribed at the same post and send it to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. Also please let us know how you found that the computer rebooted after getting new IP?

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Last edited: Jun 17, 2005
  3. >Could you please let us know what build of Acronis True Image you used
    i had this problem in several builts in version 7 and now also in version 8

>to create Acronis Bootable CD? If it iss build 859 please try the "acpi=off noapic"
    no it's not build 859 btw. when will the actual problems with this build get fixed?

>Also please let us know how you found that the computer rebooted after getting new IP?

i did a /etc/init.d/dhcpd restart on the server, normally this should not really harm a client which has allready it's IP until the next dhcprenew ... the lease time on my dhcp server is 8 hours

after i did the dhcp restart the computer with the TI imaging process rebooted ...

as noted above, i could reproduce this problem with several versions ...

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello anonymous coward,

Our developers are currently working on the problem with the mounting ability and this problem will be fixed in the next build.

Could you please create sysinfo.txt and send this file to support@acronis.com? If you do not receive any response from Acronis Support Team within 48 hours please let me know your Acronis Request # which will be sent to you in autoreply.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.