TI Not Backing Up At Designated Time

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by blut4rsky, Mar 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blut4rsky

blut4rsky Registered Member

Version: TI 10

Hey all. I have TI scheduled to do a backup as I sleep. However, the entire computer apparently sleeps right along with me. :p

Once I wake the machine in the morning, TI starts right up and begins archiving. I'm using default power options in Vista. Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere?

Thanks!

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

The ATI task scheduler willnot wake a computer from stanby/sleep (S3). You need to set the task time for when the computer will be running or there is another alternative but it's a bit complicated:

Edit the task and note the time and set the task to be run manually. The go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImage\Scripts

Look for the file there, they will all end in .tis. These are the task scripts. Look for the one that has the time date stamp you noted above -- that's the script you just edited. Right click the file and select rename and Copy that filename but do not change it.

Now open the Windows Task Scheduler and create a new task. On the TASK tab, on the RUN line enter the following as one string of characters:

"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\TrueImage\TrueImageService.exe" /script:"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImage\Scripts\[your scriptfile name here]"

Observe all the quote marks just as shown and use the name of your script file where indicated.

On the SETTINGS tab for the Windows task, check the box for "Wake Comuter to Run This Task". On the Schedule tab, select the time for the task to run. Click apply. The windows task will wake your computer from standby/sleep at the scheduled time and run the script that executes the task.

good luck.

3. blut4rsky

Terrific! I like solutions that open even MORE opportunities to use my machine's features. Task Scheduler is not one I've used often.

Appreciate the reply.

4. blut4rsky

Well... it didn't work. First off, Vista has a different directory structure, I guess, so the files are in some different locations. I couldn't find the *.tis file with the correct time stamp, but there was a *.tib file, so I used that.

Program location: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\TrueImage\TrueImageService.exe"

Command Line Argument: /script:"C:\ProgramData\Acronis\TrueImage\Scripts\[my scriptfile name here].tib"

When I run the task, Task Manager doesn't show TrueImageService running.

Ideas?

5. blut4rsky

According to the log, TI failed to execute the script because it doesn't exist. o_O

6. mcm57

mcm57 Registered Member

*.tib normally is the file containing the backup data.

McM

7. blut4rsky

I'm not finding any *.tis files.

8. blut4rsky

Whew... alright - turns out those .tib files are the .tis files. I thought I had extensions enabled, but they were hidden. All is well. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.