TI installation hangs - SATA drives

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Safe, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Safe

Safe Registered Member

I am an Acronis user since 2003. Recently I renewed my mobo and replaced my HDs. I have now two SATA drives with WinXP and data sitting on them. All my other programs run fine, but I can not install TI9. The installation starts, asks for the codes, offers the choice for custom or full install and then in the last phase the progress bar goes about 80% of the way and the system hangs. I left the system like that for an hour and nothing moved. I have the latest build of TI9. I wrote to Acronis support asking for help. They acknowledged. One week passed and I have not heard anything from them yet. In the meantime I downloaded and tried TI11, but the same thing happened. I am quite disappointed with this silence policy of Acronis. Help is welcome.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2008
  2. Safe

Safe Registered Member

Further to my post above, I have been searching everywhere for a solution. I tried R-Drive and Paragon. Paragon like ATI9 or 11 can not be installed. R-Drive can be installed but then can not be used. There is still no word from Acronis. Today I have read a discussion on the same problem and a user recommended to use ATI8. My first product was ATI8 and I had kept it in my archive so I tried it. It can be installed and produced an image of the system partition without any hick-up. I shall see tomorrow whether the restore will work. I shall keep the forum posted.

3. Safe

Safe Registered Member

After successfully installing ATI8 I managed to create an image of the system partition. A few hours later I intended to create the image of a data partition for test purpose. However this time ATI8 blocked the system. For about ten minutes nothing moved. As a result I forced a restart of the system. Conclusion, ATI8 is not the solution to this problem, but hoping that the Acronis developers are aware of what is being discussed in this forum, it can give them a valuable hint to study the problem. Namely, what is there in ATI8 that is not present in the later versions is probably the culprit. I am expecting a reaction from Acronis at the start of the week. One last message to Acronis support staff: Gentlemen we depend on ATI for recovering our systems and as users of thıs powerful software we expect you to help us as soon as possıble.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Safe,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Backup software.

Please try to install Acronis True Image 11.0 Home in the following way:

1. Please completely uninstall all the versions of the program you have on your computer (including previous and trial versions if you used them). You can do this using Add Or Remove Programs applet in the Control Panel.
    2. Clean the following folder C:\Documents and Settings\[Account Name]\Local Settings\Temp
    [Account Name] is the name of account under which you login
    3. Install the program again.
    It is recommended to install the program for all users and to run installation file under Administrator account (in order to run the installation as Administrator please right-click installation file and choose "Run As Administrator" item).

If the program can't be installed in the described way
    could you please let me know your Acronis request number which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? I will find out how the investigation of your issue is going. I would also recommend you to send one more letter with the attached MSI log file to our Support Department. Mentioned file can be created as described here. This will help us to do our best to fix the issue or suggest appropriate workaround.

Thank you
    --
    Nikita Sakharov

5. Safe

Safe Registered Member

Hi. Thanks for the advice. I have reinstalled XP and cleaned up the TEMP folder that you mentioned. Then I managed to do a fresh installation of TI9. I have upgraded to TI11, this phase also went without problems. Now the TI11 is working fine. I have tested partition and folder backup and recovery and also emergency recovery from bootable media. They all work as they should. I hope this case helps other users. Have a good day.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Safe,

We are sorry for delayed response.

We are glad to hear that your issue has been solved and you can use Acronis True Image successfully.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.