TI Home 2009 v Vista 64

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by wdb3, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wdb3

wdb3 Registered Member

Does TI Home 2009 work w/ MS Vista 64bit OS?

2. Ade 1

Ade 1 Registered Member

yes it does

3. workaholic

workaholic Registered Member

Or does it? not for me.

New user here. I've sifted through the forum and can't find the exact same issue. I can't go to the acronis site for help or reference because the pages wont load for me (ever since I installed true image last night).

I bought true image home 2009 last night online direct from acronis. I installed it as directed but when I try to run it I get a Vista message saying Acronis True Image has stopped working and all I can do is hit the "close program" button. I have confirmed I have the latest build.

I've seen in this forum where certain services need to be running, so I made sure they're running. I stopped anything else that might be running and accessing any of the drives, still nothing.

I finally uninstalled it then followed all the instructions to manually remove all traces from the registry and hard drive, rebooting part way through as directed and again when done. I then reinstalled it again and am still getting the same error.

This is so frustrating! The program won't work and I can't access the vendor's site to get help or support.

Can anyone tell me why the program won't run. I am trying to run the file called "TrueImage.exe" thats located in "program files (x86)\acronis\trueimagehome" folder. It analzes partitions, then initializes, then opens the main window as though it was going to let me use it, then it throws the error.

Help.....

4. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

5. workaholic

Thanks Grover. The site seems to be working today, mostly. I still can't access any "contact" pages. My software is registered there now but I still can't seem to find any kind of access to online help other than links back here to this forum.

I have already spent enough money and about 20 hours of my time trying to get it to launch, I am not going to spend another $10 to find out why it wont work. If I can't find a solution in the forums or somewhere tonight my only recourse will be to try get my money back and look for something that will work.

this is by far the most frustrating software purchase I have ever had.

6. JohnnyDollar

JohnnyDollar Guest

Speaking of Acronis True Image 2009 on Vista x64, I tried it on my 64bit vista machine and it performed it's function ok, except it delayed startup about 10-20 seconds, and when I would open the program up it would take a real long time to initialize and open up to the main screen. It would take forever it seemed to scan my drives. Acronis 11 was the same way with vista 32 and 64. So I just kept it on my 32bit xp and it runs great on it. Has anyone else had this problem with acronis and vista?

7. Dave321

Dave321 Registered Member

I've been using ATI 2009 for the past 3 months on my Vista x64 system and with the exception of a problem that just popped up yesterday (more on that in a minute) it has been working fine. In terms of the delays that occur at start-up, I just assumed this was TI's normal behaviour as it initializes and checks partitions -- don't have previous experience with the product so I couldn't make any comparison. I've done image/partition and data backups and have also restored partitions from windows as well as using the recovery disk, again without any problems.

Now for the new problem I'm experiencing. For the first time yesterday I specified the Validate option in a partition backup and the backup failed while validating. I extracted the following message from the error log:

START OF ERROR MESSAGE
    <event code="502" id="15" level="4" message="Operation with partition &quot;0-0&quot; was terminated.
    Details:
    &lt;indent>The archive is corrupted (0x70020)
    Tag = 0xF5F8CBCF76155638&lt;/indent>" module="1" time="1238671260" />
    <event code="5" id="16" level="4" message="Operation has completed with errors." module="100" time="1238671260" />
    END OF ERROR MESSAGE

If I run the same backup without the Validate option it works fine. Just thought I would include the problem here. If I don't get a solution in this tread I'll make a separate post.

8. Ade 1

Ade 1 Registered Member

I've experienced no problems with TIH2009 on my Vista 64bit PC since installing it 3 months ago. Everything starts up exactly the same as it did before I installed it.

However, I do make sure that I disable all Acronis services except for the Scheduler 2 service - perhaps that has something to do with it.

9. 800ster

800ster Registered Member

The slow startup of the application could be down to the "Distributed Link Tracking Client" service on Vista (tracks file links in NTFS). This is discussed elsewhere but disabling it speeds up everything back to normal.

10. workaholic

I could live with a slow startup, if it would start up.

was able to finally get to a page where I could access online chat where the rep told me to download an ISO file and boot with it. No Luck. He then said I should download the devicetree and reporting programs and send them in. Guess what, the device tree program won't work either.

Obviously its not all installations that have this problem or they'd be out of business so it must be some unique aspect of my particular configuration, unfornately without the devicetree working we'll probably never know.

I uninstalled, AGAIN, last night. I give up, I just want my money back and I will try to find something else.:'(

UNLESS someone here has had the same problem and knows of a fix!!!! Anyoneo_O??:doubt: It looked so promising compared to some of the other tools, I was really looking forward to using it.

By the way, since uninstalling I can now access all the acronis.com webpages instantly and without errors. Seems more than a coincidence, there has got to be something odd about my system's configuration that just isn't compatible on a really odd level.
    weird huh!

11. doyling

doyling Registered Member

You might want to try these two things first. Remove ATI through Revo Uninstaller. Next, power down the PC to make sure it is not present in volatile memory. Make sure when installing, you have your firewall and anti-virus turned off. For me, the combination of Online Armor firewall and Kaspersky anti virus running during a program install creates a headache.

Regarding the Acronis page not loading, I think it might be Microsoft related. I have many pages which won't load in IE, both 7 & 8. ATI is one of those. I navigate the page through Mozilla Firefox instead. It appears that ATI webpage tries to do something IE has disabled, but I don't really know what. I wish I did as there are lots of pages I can't open when IE is set at Medium High, or even Medium. So, just my two bits.

12. penpots

penpots Registered Member

ATI 2009 takes a lot longer than Acronis 11 to initialize on my vista x64 machine. I do my backups from the boot CD now. I don't care for the Vista look of 2009. Acronis 11 was a simpler interface.

13. madchen904

madchen904 Registered Member

It's not worked for me. I am using Windows Vista Ultimate x64.
    I startup the program and then it suddenly terminated unexpected.
    The previous version 11 works fine... I should not buy the upgrade for 2009.... :doubt:

14. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello workaholic,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

Can you please send us your sysinfo so we can check what can be the source of the issue. Could you please do the following:

- Open Start\Programs\Accessories\System Tools\System Information;
    - Choose the "Save" option in the "File" menu (or "Action" menu under Windows 2000), enter the "File name" and set the field "Save as type" to "System Information File (*.NFO)";
    - Send us the saved file.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

15. workaholic

I've been in contact with Acronis Support.
    I have sent system info and run the acronis-report tool and sent that as well.

devicetree will not run on my PC either, I've tried to send that.

In spite of all this, nothing is working.
    its been a whole week now and I still can't even get the program to start.

and even using the ISO boot disk it will start but it won't do anything. When a backup is run it gets down to the last 30 seconds of step 1 and then stalls for an hour (when I finally give up and shut it down).

This is probably a good product, just not for me and my PC.
    I've got a standard HP Elite media centre with Vista64 and no problems running any other software.

16. JohnnyDollar

JohnnyDollar Guest

Thanks for info 800ster, Ill try that and see what happens.

17. JohnnyDollar

JohnnyDollar Guest

I didn't realize that it was safe to disable those services.

18. Ade 1

Ade 1 Registered Member

I used to use The Ultimate Troubleshooter (TUT) on my 32-bit rig (it doesn't support 64 bit at the moment) and they give descriptions of all services running including a description of what they do. The only Acronis service you need runnning in order to perform a backup is the Scheduler 2 service.

19. JohnnyDollar

JohnnyDollar Guest

Thanks Ade1, after reading and posting on this thread I may just give it another shot on my vista x64 machine.

20. Ade 1

Ade 1 Registered Member

Let me know how you get on.

21. JohnnyDollar

JohnnyDollar Guest

I decided to just install the acronis secure zone and startup recovery manager from the boot cd. I'll do all of my backups from the recovey manager. The try and decide feature is nice but, for now I will do without it. I am duel booting XP x64 and Vista x64 with xp installed first. I installed the asz and srm and it works fine. After bios post it goes to the acronis loader press f11 screen then it goes to the vista boot loader screen where I have the option to boot into xp or vista. I am considering buying another larger hard drive and migrating to it. I am not sure exactly how I am going to do it yet. I did my first backup of both partitions(xp, vista) at the same time with acronis. I have a vista (microsoft)image backup of both as well. The vista recovery though, will partition the new hard drive exactly like the old one when doing a recovery. I dont think acronis does though, not sure. The hard drive I have now is 335G with xp using 100 and vista using the rest, I want to get a 640G or terabyte HD and split it in half and recover the xp and vista partitions to the new drive without repartitiong it like the old drive. Half for xp have for vista. Do you know if it will work that way with acronis when the recovery to the new hd is made?

22. Ade 1

Ade 1 Registered Member

I don't see any reason why that wouldn't work. You've basically made your complete images of each OS (XP and Vista). The way I would do it (and have in the past) is making the backups to an external USB hard drive. Once I installed my new hard drives (I run 2 hdds in raid 0 by the way) I used Acronis Disk Director boot cd to partition the new hdd the way I wanted it, in your case creating two partitions of equal size. I would then use the TI boot cd to restore the images previously created. It should allow you to choose which partition to restore each OS too. Not sure if this helps or not.

23. JohnnyDollar

JohnnyDollar Guest

After thinking about it, I wonder of just using the clone disk feature may be better for migrating to another hd. I have the acs and all backups on a 2nd internal hd. I could plug in the new (3rd)hd, clone from the old one(1st) to the new one, then format the old one, shutdown, reaarange the sata cables and reboot.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2009
  24. Ade 1

Ade 1 Registered Member

Sounds like a good idea! I've never actually used the clone feature myself but that's certainly one way to do it. All the best.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.