TI Home 2009 secure zone problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by farmerlee, Dec 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Got a slight problem here when trying to create a secure zone on my laptop hard drive. No matter which partition i try to create a secure zone on it keeps popping up this error. Anyone have any idea what the problem might be thats causing the error? I thought maybe it was due to already having 4 partitions on the drive but even if i try to use an entire partition for the secure zone it brings up the same error. Any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

The prob could be the size or that it's formatted as FAT. You can convert it to NTFS without losing data. Info is in Windows help.

3. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

That's it. Your partition table is full because you have four primary partitions. Thus, there is no room in the table for new partitions. To make this work you will need to convert one of your partitions to logical, then the SZ will be created as a logical partition.

Since you're using Linux, if you convert the last ext3 partition to a logical partition, Linux won't mind at all. Your swap partition can also be logical if you want.

4. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Thanks for the help.
    I changed my linux partition to logical which actually broke grub and i could no longer boot. I could have fixed that but it didn't matter in the end as i realised i'd formatted my linux partition with the newer 256 i-nodes which don't work properly with TI 2009. I ended up wiping it all and starting again from scratch. Anyway its all good now, a little knowledge goes a long way!

5. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

On the Disk Director forum we have been discovering problems with Acronis Disk Director, some older versions of Grub4DOS, and True Image when using ext2 or ext3 partitions formatted with 256-byte inodes. Since a lot of the Linux distributions are going with the larger inode size, these problems are going to crop up more frequently. Hopefully Acronis will add support for 256-byte inodes to their products soon.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello farmerlee, k0lo and everyone interested,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please be aware support for 256 I-nodes was implemented in the latest builds of Acronis True Image Home 2009. The similar update is planned for Acronis Disk Director 10.0.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.