TI Home 2009 - Bootable Rescue CD doesn't work

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by stbi, Dec 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stbi

stbi Registered Member

Hello,

today I purchased the upgrade from TI 8.0 to TI Home 2009. Unfortunately, like in V8.0, the Bootable Rescue CD doesn't work with my new mainboard - it says something like "unable to laod Linux kernel" after I select "Acronis True Image Home" from the blue start screen. I already tried the Linux parameters "quiet acpi=off noapic" - without success. As a workaround, I made a BartPE CD, but it takes several minutes to boot from it, and in order to access my onboard SATA RAID, I even have to insert a floppy disk (!) with the RAID drivers each time. My questions:

1. Will the Linux problem be fixed in the near future? Or do I perhaps have to use special Linux parameters?

2. Alternatively, is it somehow possible to include the RAID drivers in the BartPE ISO file, so I don't have to use an antiquated floppy disk?

If the TI boot CD perhaps works some nice day, will it recognize my RAID-1? My system:

- CPU: AMD Athlon X2 4850e
    - Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H
    - Link to the mainboard drivers: http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/Driver_Model.aspx?ProductID=2887

Thanks & happy holiday,

Stefan

Last edited: Dec 25, 2008
  2. The Nodder

The Nodder Registered Member

Contact Support and they will give you an alternative recovery media.

I had the same problem as you have.

3. stbi

stbi Registered Member

Hi,

Thanks, I did that.

Meanwhile, I also succeeded to include the RAID drivers directly into the BartPE ISO, so I don't have to use the "F6 driver diskette" anymore. Furthermore, I edited / added some .inf files to
    - automatically run Acronis True Image on startup,
    - disable the network configuration dialog popup, and
    - set the keyboard layout to German.

I have written a document which describes the necessary steps (currently only written in German), in case anyone needs it.

So this solution now works for me. I only hope that Acronis will deliver regular updates also for the BartPE version of True Image.

Regards,
    Stefan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.