TI hangs, is very slow, and gives error

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by areynaldos, Nov 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. areynaldos

areynaldos Registered Member

Hi. I am testing Acronis True Image Home 11, and I am running into many problems. Let me know if it is better to split them in different threads.

I am using a Western Digital USB External Drive as my backup location. I have the latest drives (337 I believe?). The problems are:

1) It takes a long, long time to lock partitions. It is the same problem reported in Analyzing Partitions.

2) When I try to create a disk image (Disk / Partitions) it stops after about an hour with the error message "Cannot Create Volume Snapshot". It didn't happen in the first test I made, but started coming up after I repartitioned my USB External Drive.

3) If I try to just backup files, it hangs for about an hour after the "Select Files to Exclude" window. Then it returns and lets me continue but...

4) After a few hours backing up the data (20 GB) it stops in the middle of the backup... and hangs... and hangs... and hangs... saying 1:30 mins or so to go... After seven hours and TI showing it is working on the same file, I cancel. This happens everytime, but in different percentages of completion and files.

Can anyone help? The threads on this forum seem to always stop when support asks for details. It would be nice if someone actually answers what was the problem and the solution. I am sure that it would reduce the workload on the people in support, and help a lot of people instead of waiting for an answer. I am still waiting for a support request #1205279, from October 26th.

I do believe this could be a great product, but some of this bugs are really annoying.

Thanks!

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello areynaldos,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

When the problem is not common and is complicated it is much easier and faster to solve it via e-mail because this gives one opportunities to get diagnostic info that our Development Team needs to help you with the solution.

Could you please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post and attach the collected information to your request (in case you haven't received any e-mail from our Support Team just reply to the autoreply letter) along with a brief description of the issues and the link to this thread? We will investigate the problem and definitely will provide you with a solution.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
    Alexey Bogomolov

3. areynaldos

areynaldos Registered Member

Thanks Alexei, let me gather the information and get back to you with it.

My comment regarding the lack of follow up in the forum is because while I agree that following up by personal email is better, once the problem is identified and fixed the solution should be posted so anyone can benefit from the knowledge.

I'll keep in touch...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.