TI hangs during backup to usb

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by hurfy, Feb 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hurfy

hurfy Registered Member

Just bought a new computer and when i try to backup to external HD it hangs during backup. I had version 8 but bought a retail version 10 when it didn't work and that doesn't work either :(

I am booting off CD and imaging drive C: to the external drive. It can see the drive and shows me the previous files when i select a filename. Using version 8 it would appear to start copying and hang up at various points with the time remaining counter going up instead of down. Using version 10 it hangs up at start of copy (operation 2 of 2,creating partition image)

I had one copy of version 8 (.76:cool: that seems to work if i only make an image in one chunk and don't split it into pieces. However the other copy (.791) does not.

new computer is pretty basic: pentium 4 541, 512M, 80g IDE HD and win xp pro

Tried 2 different external drives, same results.

Version 8 seems to work if installed but havent tested 10 installed BUT...
    if i can't copy from bootable CD to USB drive, i have no reason to believe it would be useful if HD crashes to recover going the other direction :(

Are my new computers funky?
    Are there older versions available since ver 8.0.768 seems semi-functional?

Thanks
    mike

2. ScottV

ScottV Registered Member

I have version 10 that I just downloaded yesterday (2/13). I ran TI under Windows to create an image of the C: drive to an external usb drive. It did not hang during the process. I have a usb 2.0 drive, and if you have usb 1.x maybe that's an issue.

3. BillOld

BillOld Registered Member

> Are there older versions available since ver 8.0.768 seems semi-functional?

My version 7 can't even see a USB2 hard drive so don't waste time trying older versions.

4. hurfy

hurfy Registered Member

I asked about that version cause it worked if i went with default settings.

I think that it works under windows (the ver 8 i tried 1st seemed to anyway). But when the HD crashes or my users trash their windows install with spyware and crap i need to reinstall from another drive. Why would i beileve i could successfully restore from a drive it can't backup to?!?

I just tried ver 10 again and it partially shows a 4 error messages. The program hangs completely tho and won't cancel so i can't read it all.

What i can see is: TYPE/MODULE/ERROR
    information/1/1008(0x0103
    information/1/504(0x101F8
    information/1/504(0x101F8
    information/1/506(0x101FA

5. Mowgli87

Mowgli87 Registered Member

I have same problem with TI 9 build 3,854.

Is that the latest build? I saw a post from todat requesting download of a later build?

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello hurfy,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please make sure you use the latest build (4940) of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media after updating.

If updating does not help, please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Keep the drive in question attached and powered on during the creation.

Please also collect the exact vendor and device names of the drive in question.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

P.S. Please also note that a possible workaround is to use a BartPE-based bootable CD created using Acronis True Image plug-in for BartPE which allows one to boot the computer into a Windows-like environment loading the appropriate drivers for any hardware devices installed in the computer at startup.

Acronis True Image plug-in for BartPE comes with the Acronis True Image installation and can be found in the
    \Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome\BartPE folder.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Mowgli87,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please follow the instructions in my previous post using the corresponding latest build of Acronis True Image 9. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media after updating.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

8. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Hurfy, do you have GoBack running on those systems?

9. data7

data7 Registered Member

Hi ScottV,

I am trying to do the same process, so I was wondering if you could give me a brief outline of the steps that you followed?

I also have TI 10.0 Home. Thanks. :)

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.