TI Enterprise Server 9.1 Setup issues - Remote backup issues

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by lji, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lji

lji Registered Member

I’m trying to setup TI Enterprise Server 9.1 to do automatic backups on a small home
    (wired) Network (both running XP Pro w/SP2)

I’ve installed on “MyPC” (base PC, which has Ext HDD where I’d like to store backups)
    TI Ent Server 9.1
    Management Console
    Backup Server
    TI Agent
    TI Group Server ( Not sure I need this one?)

2 user accounts exist: 1) MyPC no password ADMIN rights (root account)
    2) BackUp w/password ADMIN rights

On “Remote PC” :
    TI Agent
    Also contains a stand-alone version of TI (Shouldn’t need this if I get the console working - I had been using this before I got the Ent Server version)

2 user accounts exist: 1) RemotePC no password ADMIN rights (root account)
    2) BackUp w/password ADMIN rights

Note: Simple File Share is disabled, and Print File Sharing is Enabled as per the documentation – on both PC’s.

Management Console Setup :
    I setup ADMIN profiles for MyPC and Remote PC
    destination locations, quotas, sizes….

MyPC I:\Back-ups\MyPC Backups (folder) Path 1
    Remote PC I:\Back-ups\RemotePC Backups (folder) Path 2

User Profiles:
    ?? Only able to setup MyPC profile? Don’t see a means to add the user account from
    the RemotePC. I added the : BackUp profile from MyPC (base PC).
    ?? Is this because I had both PC’s with the same secondary user account name? i.e.backup

Questions:
     Documentation isn’t clear that I need to install anything OTHER than the TI Agent on RemotePC
     I don’t see how to setup the RemotePC user profile?
     I tried to run a test backup from the Remote PC and the only choice for the destination location was the path setup for MyPC (Path 1 shown above)
     How do I get the remote backup to follow the path 2 above?

Thx

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello lji,

Thank you for using Acronis Enterprise Server Disk Backup software

Could you please try to access Acronis Backup Server with profile that was used to install it (from both computers)? You would need to choose to save the image to Backup Server, choose 'personal location' and provide this login/password then prompted.

If you've tried it and still not able to setup Acronis Backup Server then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the information regarding this issue to your request along with the step-by-step description (and screen shots if possible) of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Michael Levchenko

3. lji

lji Registered Member

Let me understand - are you saying I should login from the REMOTE computer to the SERVER and try to initiate a backup? The remote PC only has the AGENT installed, so not sure how I would attempt to login to the Server?

What I 'thought' I could do was manage the remote PC from the local PC where the Server is installed.

I've tried to capture the setup details in the attached TEXT file. The BOLD text attempts to mimic the screen shots.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.