TI Enterprise - clustered server issue...

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Mike Halsey, Aug 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Halsey

Mike Halsey Guest

Hi

Hope someone can help me. I want to run scheduled image jobs on a cluster node to image drive c:\ only. No problems there.

When the job is created it looks at ALL drive letters available on the node. Again, no problem...that is until the cluster node is 'failed over'. At this point the Network (clustered) drive letters are now only available to the other node in the cluster.

When Acronis starts it now cannot see all of the drive letters and throws up an error effectively stopping the job.

Any way I can get the software to ignore ALL drive letters NOT being imaged?

Kind regards

Mike

it@sys-tech.co.uk

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Mike Halsey,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

Please be aware that you can create an image of a clustered hard drive only in case this hard drive is connected directly to the PC where Acronis True Image Enterprise Server 8.0 or Acronis Agent is installed. Otherwise we can not guarantee the successful imaging\restoring process.

If that's is not the case then please describe your issue in more words.

Let me know the build number of the program.

Tell me if you are trying to create an image of a clustered drive from under Windows or when booted for special Bootable Rescue CD.

Please also provide me with the more information on your software and hardware environment.

Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. mike_halsey

mike_halsey Registered Member

Hello again

I am not using the Acronis Remote Server Backup agent!

I am using Acronis TI Enterprise v8 installed directly on a cluster node.

I am trying to backup a non-clustered, local hard drive on a Server that is acting as a cluster node.

I do not want TI to run a scan for drive letters that I AM NOT backing up as these drive letters represent cluster resources which are not always available.

Is there any way I can disable the scanning of drive letters I am not backing up?

Kind regards

Mike

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Mike Halsey,

I'm sorry in advance for the possible misunderstanding.

However, here are the three main points as I have understood them:

- You are able to create an image of the C: partition of the local hard drive;

- You are able to schedule a task for the C: partition image creation;

- Scheduled task can not complete because of the error that appears when Acronis True Image Enterprise Server 8.0 making the partition analysis.

Are these statements correct?

If yes then I must say that there is no way to exclude some specific partitions from the partition analysis. Such ability will probably be available in future versions of a particular product but exact time frame is not decided yet.

If no then please describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Please also tell me what exact error message you have received. When exactly this error message appears?

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

5. mike_halsey

mike_halsey Registered Member

Yes, all three points are correct.

Unfortunately, the partition analysis looks for the prescence of all cluster resources (drive letters allocated by cluster services).

If the node has the resources the scheduled job runs fine.

If you fail the resources over to the other cluster node the analysis can't then see the drives / partitions and fails on the initial scan.

This means that there will always be one node in the cluster which won't be able to run the scheduled jobs.

Thanks for your help anyway...I'll just have to wait for the next version.

Kind regards

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.