TI don´t recognize my DVD-RW

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Amadeus, Aug 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amadeus

Amadeus Registered Member

Hi.

I have a Acer Aspire 7103WSMi laptop with TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-L632D (ac00)burner.
    My problem is that Acronis True Image Home version 9.0 (build3677) don´t recognize the DVD-burner.
    It´s recognized as CD-RW-burner only.
    So i can´t make a backup of my C-drive to DVD-R media,only to CD-R media which vill probably take 10-12 disks.
    I bought TI most for the reason to have the possibility to make a full backup to 1 or 2 DVD:s and not need to use up to 10 CD-R or CD-RW:s.
    Earlier i used Norton Ghost and need up to 10 CD-R to burn the backup and plenty of time (2-3 hours).

I have uppdate everything from Acer what they have to my laptop and also everything from Windows update.

I have Windows XP Home with all servicepacks.

I have searched for another firmware (present AC00) to the burner but not find anything.
    I discovered that TSSTcorp is probably Samsung but not find any firmware there for my burner,i think the AC00 meens Acer "something"
    I also been lookin on this forum and with Google for solution for my problem but not find anything.

I have been trying to fix this problem for 4 weeks now so now i decide to write to this forum for help.

If you need something else about my laptop or my programs please contact me.

I´m grateful for all help i can get.

Sorry for my spelling,i´m frpm Sweden and don´t write in English so often.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Amadeus,

Firstly, it is normal for True Image to report your DVD drive as a CD drive. This shouldn't affect its ability to image direct to DVD disks. It might seem a silly question but can you confirm that you have actually tried imaging direct to DVD-R despite the fact that your DVD burner is shown as a CD?

Also be aware that Build 3677 still has a problem backing up to more than one DVD if TI's backup option is set to also verify the image as part of the backup task. Check out this previous thread titled <TI 9.0 Build 3677 Direct To DVD Imaging - NO CHANGE!!>, in particular the embeded link contained in Post #1 thereof to the problems I found in Build 3666.

Regards

3. Amadeus

Amadeus Registered Member

:D :D :D MENORCAMAN:D :D :D

:thumb: THANK YOU!THANK YOU!THANK YOU!:thumb:

I tryed to backup again.
    Start the computer with "Bootable Rescue Media".
    Made selections for my backup and put a DVD-R disk in the tray.
    Klick OK and get errormessage:"I006400003:please insert the first media" at the same time the DVD trays opens.
    This time i just closed the tray once again and click OK.
    Same error message again but i just closed the tray once again and clicked ok.

AND GUESS WHATo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O:D :D :D The program start to make the backup on the DVD-R.
    Now it says:About 3 hours left, so now it´s working i think.

Thank you again Menorcaman.
    Why didn´t i post my guestion weeks a go,it had saved mee from mutch headache the laast weeks.

:thumb: GREAT JOB MENORCAMAN.:thumb:

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi again Amadeus,

Glad you managed to get it working and I hope that the image completed successfully. Don't forget to use the Backup Archive Validation Wizard to check that the image isn't corrupt.

Next time you create an image to DVD from the bootable rescue CD, when you get to the "Backup creation options" screen, select "Additional settings" and untick the "Ask for first media while creating backup archives to removable media" checkbox. Although nothing to do with the tray opening, due to the problem I mentioned earlier about validating concurrently when imaging to DVDs, you must also untick the "Validate backup archive upon its creation completion" checkbox.

When using TI under Windows, you may want to consider setting some of TI's default options (Tools > Options) as follows:

Default backup options

Compression level - "Normal"
    Backup priority - "Normal"
    Archive splitting - "Automatic"
    Media Components - If you want to use the first DVD of a DVD image as a bootable rescue disk then tick the "Place Acronis True Image Home (full version) on media" checkbox
    Additional settings - Untick the "Ask for first media while creating backup archives to removable media" checkbox and tick the "Validate backup archive upon its creation completion" checkbox. When imaging direct to DVD you must override this last setting by choosing to set the options manually during image creation and then unticking the validation checkbox.

Default restore options

Files overwriting mode - "Overwrite existing file if it is older"
    Restoration priority - "Normal"
    Additional settings - Untick the "Set current date and time for restored files" checkbox and tick the "Validate backup archive before restoration" checkbox

Happy True Imaging :).

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.