TI doesn't find SATA-Drives

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Kai-Uwe, Jan 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kai-Uwe

Kai-Uwe Registered Member

hello,

it's my first post here and so I say "hello" into the forum:) Now my question: I own TI 9.1 and now I tried the version 10. But the errors are the same in both versions. When I go into the start manager (via F11 or from bootable CD) and I try to choose the archivfile the program says: Errror 00100.. no harddrives. Then I turn on my external USB-Harddrive, this one TI finds. I have an Asus P5b with Intel 965 chipset. Only SATA drives. It seems, TI can't find them. But i read in this forum, that other users have no problems with SATA drives. Can someone help me find and resolve the problems?

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

There is a problem with the Intel 965 chipset and the Linux recovery environment which is on the bootable CD or is run when your PC reboots to restore an active partition.

I think some people were able to get it working by disabling or changing the mode on some chip but you'll have to search the forum to try and find that or better still somebody will respond who knows exactly what might be done.

Acronis is aware of the problem and should be releasing a new build with it fixed soon I would hope.

You can also file an official support request with them and I think they have a modified .iso file they can send you to create a special recovery CD.

Another option for cases like this where the Linux rescure environment is inadequate is to create a BartPE disk which uses Windows drivers.

3. EtheAv8r

EtheAv8r Registered Member

Hi

I have an ASUS Commando - a P965 board, ( a P5B next Generation if you like...) try the workaround given to me in post https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=163106

Suggested by 800ster:

- Boot the computer from Acronis True Image bootable rescue disc (Full version);
    - Hit F11 key after the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears and you get to the selection screen of the program;
    - After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please add "acpi=off noapic" parameter (without quotes) to the end of the Linux kernel command line (so it will be "quiet acpi=off noapic");
    - Click OK button.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Kai-Uwe,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that, as seekforever mentioned, the standalone version of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home build 4871 does not provide support for Intel® 965 Chipset. Please take a look at this post for details and instructions.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.